. .
Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    That looks brilliant Joe, I should try one myself. How long did it take to cut?
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Thanks! About an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    If your machine hasn't passed the Aztec test then it's not a real machine yet....
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Often it's because soon as they get to the point the machine moves they start using it to make things and that's the last time they do anything to the machine until it breaks or gives trouble.
    Ain't that the truth!

...and my own "build log" (well, more a case of what I learnt during the build...) does finish with a couple of examples of work done, although no Aztec plate yet

If your machine hasn't passed the Aztec test then it's not a real machine yet....

So how about starting a new thread showing what can be made on our machines

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    So how about starting a new thread showing what can be made on our machines
    Try this one.

It's not easy to find things like this when the last post to it is more than a week or two back - they just get lost in the noise!

In fact, it's about as easy as finding the "Official Mycncuk router design"

(Actually, that one is slightly easier - it's just to the left of the end of the rainbow...)
    Last edited by Neale; 09-05-2020 at 12:24 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Now there's a challenge! I don't have Vectric V-carve for which there is a ready-made file available and I've sen a DXF available. Any advice on the best available version or way to cut this? CamBam has a V-carve plug-in but it's not quite up to this job according to it's forum.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Try this one.

It's not easy to find things like this when the last post to it is more than a week or two back - they just get lost in the noise!

In fact, it's about as easy as finding the "Official Mycncuk router design"

(Actually, that one is slightly easier - it's just to the left of the end of the rainbow...)
    Thanks missed it 1st time round.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Now there's a challenge! I don't have Vectric V-carve for which there is a ready-made file available and I've sen a DXF available. Any advice on the best available version or way to cut this? CamBam has a V-carve plug-in but it's not quite up to this job according to it's forum.
    What size do you want Kit.? I'll knock you some code up.
    Is it LinuxCNC you use.?
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Dean,
    That would be very kind of you! About 400mm diameter would be good and I do use LinuxCNC. At that size I suspect a 60 degree cuter would produce a good result without going too deep but use 90 if you think otherwise, I have both.

I've spent some time over the last few hours trying to get CamBam to play ball with the calendar, having downloaded a DXF image. There is a free V-Engrave plug-in for it produced by one of the very active group of supporters. This does an excellent job most of the time but has thrown in the towel (as have I!) on the extremely complex shapes in the calendar . For any other CB users who are interested, the plug-in works extremely well on engraving text but it is sometimes necessary to work out which objects have to be selected and converted to a 'region' within the software. The V-Engrave plug-in along with many other excellent additions is available from...

http://www.atelier-des-fougeres.fr/C.../Vengrave.html

This is a french website but it does speak English!

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread Information