. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi I am putting my Multicutter 8000 router up for sale, the machine is based in Stirling, Scotland and can be seen working. I can assist with disassembly and loading and spend as much time as you need showing you the workings off the machine, how to repair and fault diagnose the whole machine if desired.

Here are the specs,

Rack and pinion X and Y, ballscrew Z fitted with Bosch 1400W router.

Westamp servo motors on the X and Y controlled by Granite device servo drives. Z axis is a stepper and motion control stepper driver.

Pc, Dell optiplex loaded with Mach3, license does not come with the machine as I need it for another router.

I have built a steel table to hold a standard sheet of plywood this can be skimmed with the router and I will include the skimming bit in the sale.

The good thing about this machine is it size and its customization potential, it would make a good conversion to 5 axis if you were up for the challenge.

Price £4000

PM me for my mobile and Email.

Cheers

Gavin

Photos and vids to follow..

hi can you tell me when the pics and vids are going on here

I remember this Did you buy it from Ireland and ask about it on the CNCZONE before buying.? Good few years ago thou.?

hi can you tell me when the pics and vids are going on here
    I will try and get them up today.

I remember this Did you buy it from Ireland and ask about it on the CNCZONE before buying.? Good few years ago thou.?
    Good memory! Yes that right I bought the machine then spent months figuring out how to get it working. In the end I scrapped the original electronics and upgraded to some modern upgrades. Now its a very usable machine with Mach 3. I would love to keep it but its too big and we need the same.

Here is a thread I started at CNCZONE that follows my progress, there are also some pics in there. The machine is a lot more complete now but still needs a little tidying up. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/granit...f_granite.html

Here is a smiler machine that was up for sale in the USA on the 18th of FEB 2011. http://www.signweb.com/forum/for-sal...-8-x-12-router

Picture of machine taken today. Let me know what you would like to see and I will take some more.

Cheers

Gav
    Last edited by gavztheouch; 14-05-2012 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Add Text

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post

Picture of machine taken today. Let me know what you would like to see and I will take some more.

Cheers

Gav
    is this machine still for sale?

Hi there, yes machine is still for sale. I will PM you my contact details.

Cheers

Gav

Quote Originally Posted by gavztheouch View Post
    Hi there, yes machine is still for sale. I will PM you my contact details.

Cheers

Gav
    thanks, will it handle cutting 25mm plywood, this is all it would be used for

Yes I have been using it to cut 18mm birch ply wood and I see no reason as to why it would not cut 25mm. The router is a 2hp hand held bosch type. So I would recommend upgrading to a much larger spindle and z-axis, this means you could cut through the 25mm a lot faster.

Do you have an example of the parts you would be cutting?

How you had any experience with CNC routing before?

Cheers

Gav

thanks, never used a CNC before. it would be used to cut circular stage tops in sectors, ie a 4m diameter stage would be made up in 16 wedge shaped pieces, a bigger stage for example a 9m dia. would be made up of an inner circle 5m dia. from 16 sectors and an outer ring around them of 32 sectors to make the 9m. all in 25mm far eastern plywood. can any router head be fixed to this unit then. does it have the suction bed that hold the sheets down?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information