. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Good day all.

As per the title, does anyone know if there is a UK reseller for SmoothStepper's, USB or Ethernet?

I know I could order direct from Warp9 Tech Design, They have a back log atm, and I would like to get up and running ASAP.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

I have a spare Smoothstepper, unused, if you're interested. I bought it direct from Warp 9 for a project and never got around to using it.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I have a spare Smoothstepper, unused, if you're interested. I bought it direct from Warp 9 for a project and never got around to using it.

Jeremy
    I'm probably interested if Mad Professor isn't...I guess I should have posted a wanted ad.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

OK, Mad Prof has first dibs, but if he doesn't want it you can have it, Jonathan.

I've just unwrapped it (not bothered until now!) and plugged it in to my PC, loaded the drivers and the Mach3 plug in and it seems to be working OK (just running it with no machine connected in my study). Only slight problem I've only just noticed is that the Port 2 20 pin connector has a bit of the plastic shroud missing. It wasn't in the packing material, so I'm guessing it came from Warp9 like that, but it's well over a year old so out of warranty. It doesn't cause any problem at all though, as I've just plugged in a 20 pin IDC and it seems to go in fine.

IIRC it cost me around £120, inc shipping etc, so I'm open to any reasonable offer on the basis that it's now second-hand.

5. Thanks for the offer, I will have a think about it and let you know asap.

I have just sent an e-mail to warp9 tech design, asking if there are any UK or EU resellers for there SmoothSteppers as I would idealy like one of the new Ethernet SmoothStepper units.

The ESS atm is listed on there website at $180 ESS, $12 cables, $40 for shipping + any import duty fees, So aprox £145.00 + any fees.

No worries, it's been sat on the shelf for a year or so, so a bit longer won't hurt.

$40 sounds steep for shipping, IIRC I paid something like £90 for the Smoothstepper, around £10 for shipping and about £20 for the dreaded import fees and VAT (I bought it before the 20% VAT rate hike). The thing came in a Jiffy bag, so didn't exactly cost a fortune to post.

7. I have had a reply from Stephanie at Warp9 Tech Design, saying that syil.co.uk will be stocking and reselling both the USB and Ethernet SmoothStepper, but the pepole at syil.co.uk are away on a show for the weekend so I will have to wait unto monday to find out, when they will have stock, and how much they will be.

8. Jeremy, I am very temped to buy your USB SmoothStepper, but I think I am going to hold off doing that, as I really would prefer the Ethernet SmoothStepper.

So please don't hold it for me, I see that Jonathan might also be intrested.

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    but I think I am going to hold off doing that, as I really would prefer the Ethernet SmoothStepper.
    Same here, unless it's exceptionally cheap!

Edit:

Only just noticed what your profile picture is - scrapheap challenge. I approve!
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

10. Jonathan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2V4IhF8THo

I have had an e-mail back from syil.co.uk very early this morning.
    They have the USB SmoothSteppers in stock, and within the next week should also have the Ethernet SmoothStepper in stock.
    Still no hint of prices yet.

I will report back once I know more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information