. .

Thread: Machining Data

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone can help me in extracting data for spindle speed, feed rates, depth of cuts etc. I am currently studying CAD/CAM and am totally lost as to how to extract the information, I am trying to use Sandvik Coromnt tooling to perform face and end milling, drilling and ball milling.

I work in Cornwall but live in Manchester where I travel to at the weekends, I would be more than happy to travel and speak to someone face to face.

Hope someone can assist me.

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to the forums,

I cant help you with the Sandvik question although I'm sure someone else will. Have you has a look at some of the commercial offerings for this type of data in the meantime?

G-wizard, machinists calculator etc, I think there might still be a free demo available for GW but it cost you an annual fee.

[EDIT] just had a look at the GW site.. seems like he's changed his pricing structure since I was last there! If I'm reading it right, you subscribe for one year and then it's free to use for 1hp calcs, 2 years - 2 hp etc. Seems a strange way of doing it?? [edit]

I'm sure I found a free version ...but of course I can't put my hands on those details right now..
    Last edited by mocha; 24-04-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: update of info

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Hi Andy and welcome to the forums,

I cant help you with the Sandvik question although I'm sure someone else will. Have you has a look at some of the commercial offerings for this type of data in the meantime?

G-wizard, machinists calculator etc, I think there might still be a free demo available for GW but it cost you an annual fee.

[EDIT] just had a look at the GW site.. seems like he's changed his pricing structure since I was last there! If I'm reading it right, you subscribe for one year and then it's free to use for 1hp calcs, 2 years - 2 hp etc. Seems a strange way of doing it?? [edit]

I'm sure I found a free version ...but of course I can't put my hands on those details right now..

Many thanks I will have a look for the calculator. I'm sure it will make things a lot easier than the manual caculations.

Andy

Thread Information