. .
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    First I'll take the resin if you still got it.!! I'll PM you

Looking really good now well done. I wasn't happy with my 2 X-axis ballscrews so sent the worst one away to be straightened using a hydraulic press. My original post is here:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/7160-...bent+ballscrew

Looks like I never followed up this post but it came back really straight and ran sweetly in the bearings.

I decided not to send out the ballscrew which was only slightly bent and fitted it to the machine instead. As Jazz mentioned there were no noticeable problems.

I know your spindle mounts are only temporary perspex parts, but I assume the real parts will be much thicker (my first ones were 20mm aluminium and worked well).
    Last edited by routercnc; 06-02-2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added a bit more . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thanks it's nice to be finally getting somewhere!

It just so happens I have justified a 12 ton press this week as my van needs all it's bushes replacing and for the cost of the bushes and a press I've saved a heap on garage costs so I may well set up some v blocks and have a go at that.

Running them up and down I have noticed the bent one is considerably more noisy than the straight one

So you too like Justifying? I have my garage full cause of this...

Dont forget to grease the screw right now. In all tech docs is said the screw should be greased /oiled/ prior to putting to use.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thanks Silyavski :) yep justification is key!

Whats the best kind of grease for the screws and bearings?

Hiwin Lubrication Guide, in short any grease or oil that has no solids like Mo and Graphite. That includes WD40 too. That would be any normal bearing automotive grease which says NLGI2

I used yesterday normal lithium grease that said NLGI2. I thought of making central oil system but at the end decided against it, too much hassle and extra cash to do it properly, when i could simply use the grease gun and forget about it.

Grease lubrication

Grease lubricationFor grease lubrication, we recommend greases in accordance with DIN 51825 of consistency class NLGI 2 as specified by DIN 51818.

For normal loads, standard greases with the designation " – K1K“ are sufficient.

For higher loads (P/C < 15), high-pressure lubricating greases are required: "– KP1K“The use of greases of other consistency classes is possible subject to the approval of the lubricant supplier.

NOTE Greases with solid particles such as graphite or MOS2 must not be used.The following information on lubricants serves to provide examples and is only intended as an aid to selection.

Oil lubrication

Lubricating oils offer the advantage of more even distribution and reach the contact surfaces moreeffectively. However, this also means that lubricating oils collect in the lower area of the product asa result of the force of gravity and thus more quickly cause soiling. For this reason, higherquantities of lubricant are required than with grease lubrication.

Oil lubrication is as a rule onlysuitable where a centralized lubrication system is used or for products equipped with a lubricationunit.Observe the lubrication system manufacturer's instructions.The following information on lubricants serves to provide examples and is only intended as an aidto selection. Other lubricants may be used after clarification of the specific application and thecentralized lubrication system used with the lubricant supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    Whats the best kind of grease for the screws and bearings?
    Lithium 2 (grease) is what I always suggest, can get a tube for £3 here, can't remember size but it's on par with a tube of silicon sealant or decorators chalk, so quite large for the amount you'll use.

Oil don't last as long but grease clogs up, take your pic.

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-02-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    .Me

So it looks like its time for some wiring!

I have spent a vast amount of time reading through the forums and over using the search facility (if there is such a thing).

Anyway I am drawing up a wiring diagram at the moment but there are a couple of things I could do with advise on.

I have decided to go with the CS Labs CSIMO -IPM as it seems to suit the machine perfectly as its running a single belt to drive both x axis screws. This also means I only need run a separate 24v DC supply for powering the unit and also the safety circuit.

So on to the safety Circuit it is....

I am confident I have the bases covered on isolating the mains supply to the drivers on fault or Estop however what is the best way to isolate the spindle? as I have been reading removing power from the inverter is not always a good thing? what are people doing to make the spindle safe in an estop senario? (chinese 3 kw spindle setup)

That then brings me on to drives, when I started the machine (many moons back) the drive and motors were ordered from china I was under the impression we were getting digital drives, having glanced over them at the time I did not really take any notice but it appears we have 3 of the DM860a drivers. Now given that this much effort has been put in I am thinking its worth switching these units out for the AM882 of the EM806 drives? Would this be a good move or a waste of time?

If a good move then I have 3 brand spanking new DM860 drives for sale if anyone is interested please PM me!

Thanks as ever for the on going support from an incredible knowledge base!

So on to the safety Circuit it is....

I am confident I have the bases covered on isolating the mains supply to the drivers on fault or Estop however what is the best way to isolate the spindle? as I have been reading removing power from the inverter is not always a good thing? what are people doing to make the spindle safe in an estop senario? (chinese 3 kw spindle setup)
    When BOB is reset it stops giving On signal to VFD ON input so the VFD stops, hence VFD low voltage On is chained on the Estop line.

That then brings me on to drives, when I started the machine (many moons back) the drive and motors were ordered from china I was under the impression we were getting digital drives, having glanced over them at the time I did not really take any notice but it appears we have 3 of the DM860a drivers. Now given that this much effort has been put in I am thinking its worth switching these units out for the AM882 of the EM806 drives? Would this be a good move or a waste of time?
    Waste of time, these are good DSP drives. Almost the same as the AM882.

However if you have the simplest 3kw inverter like the diagram below, care should be taken what voltage flows there. So if you board is 5v and the inverter is 24v or vice versa. Best would be that you have an Estop button with double switch circuit or you just use an enable output on Mach3 and a relay on your BOB.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inverter 3kw.PNG 
Views:	735 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	14676  

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information