. .
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    scratch that - problem solved, 68/69 Vdc now :)

What was it?
    Neil...

Build log...here

well, it was only one cap doing the crackling and humming so changed it out and works fine now so I think it may have been a dodgy one!

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    well, it was only one cap doing the crackling and humming so changed it out and works fine now so I think it may have been a dodgy one!
    or connected the wrong way round ..Clive

So got movement on y and z today :)

However need some assistance with the csmio board.

We have one digital input set up. Input 0 (pin 1. +ve, pin 14 -ve)

Feed runs from 24v supply through t3/l3 on contactor to pin 1, 24v present on pin 1 measured with MM.

And pin 14 connected to 24v -ve.

In Mach ports and pins estop is enabled, port #10 and PIN number 0 or 1 we have tried both and active high and low tried and with no combination of these can we get a response from Mach or an LED on the unit in either state

What are we doing wrong??

Other than that it's awesome to finally have some movement!!

Well you are connected correctly with right port and pins so Just has a test of the input try running 24V direct to pin 1 not thru contactor. It should light the Led on the controller. (you can also open plug-in to see active I/O state it's often easier)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 22-03-2015 at 10:09 PM.

What is the contact type NO or NC.! . . . . If NC then you want E-stop Pin active High and vise versa if NO.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 22-03-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Problem solved, one wire going into a din connector was clamped on the insulation and not connecting, after that works fine so thanks.

Finally..... The relay outputs from the csmio - to control the spindle forward control from Mach should it just be wired from DCM on huanyang inv to pin 25 and pin 12 to For? That's for relay output 4 I'm hoping? I've got the analog hooked up fine just can't get it to switch on. I've set the parameters as well so it's not manual control pd001&2 I think (not in front of the machine right now)

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    Finally..... The relay outputs from the csmio - to control the spindle forward control from Mach should it just be wired from DCM on huanyang inv to pin 25 and pin 12 to For? That's for relay output 4 I'm hoping? I've got the analog hooked up fine just can't get it to switch on. I've set the parameters as well so it's not manual control pd001&2 I think (not in front of the machine right now)
    Yes wiring correct but you need to go into ports & pins and spindle setup then Spindle control and check the disable Relays box and set M3 to output #4.

Just as a heads up as it's common Gotcha.!! . . . One thing to watch for with these Controllers is you need to check your drives are using the same Step edge otherwise you'll lose a step on every direction change.
    The IP-M is set to leading edge so check what the drive is set to.? Can't remember what drives your using and can't be arsed to go back searching but if AM882 or EM drives then you can change the Active edge in software and possibly using Dip switches but can't remember.
    Some drives don't give this option but it's not a problem as you can just change the Active edge state in Motor outputs. Thou it doesn't work in usual way Mach3 does and reverses motor direction so if you need to reverse motor direction then use "Reversed" in Homing limits.

Best thing is to test by righting some g-code with lots of Back n forth moves and check the axis returns to same spot.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 23-03-2015 at 01:40 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread Information