. .
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    I think I am beginning to confuse myself here! thanks for the help though.

Ok So after re drawing this gantry for what seems like forever to make it work the way I want I have nearly got it where I want it I think.

As said before this machine is heavily influenced by the red machine Jazz put up, so its all aluminium plate bolted together using ecocast plate where needed running on 20mm profile rails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gantry1.png 
Views:	496 
Size:	190.2 KB 
ID:	7918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gantry2.png 
Views:	694 
Size:	178.8 KB 
ID:	7919  

Ok can anyone recommend anywhere for the following?

Nema 34 approx 6nm and nema 23 3nm both from the same supplier? I can only find nema 23 from CNC4you

Also best place to get the dq860ma drivers?

Finally anyone had any experience with these guys?

PERFECT FOR NUMERICAL ENGRAVING/MILLING WATER-COOLED SPINDLE MOTOR 2.2KW q4 | eBay

Just noticed that they do a 34 at cnc4you but its an 8.7nm motor will this run with the above drivers ok. any alternatives for this motor more like 6nm? only thinking it might be a bit cheaper!

Hi Fvfdrums

I contacted a couple of people who had bought from happykissoul and they said they were happy with the quality and delivery though I've noticed that the price for a 2.2kw spindle + vfd on ebay has jumped massively from around £250 to nearly £650!!! anybody got any ideas why? - I'm about to restart my project

Regards
    Mike

Hi FVFDRUMS, i have been watching this build log because i,m going to build a m/c similar to yours, similar cutting area with similar size tooling(20mm linear guides and 16mm ball screws) .the lengths will be different sizes. i plan to m/c hardwood ( the occasional guitar body) can you let me know where you bought the slides, ball screws and bearing blocks to suit? also is there a download of the specs available so i can incorporate this info in to my dwg.
    By the way, how is your build going?

Mike, I read another post that said the reason for the price hike is because none are available in the UK, but when back in stock the prices will be back to normal. G.

Quote Originally Posted by PAULRO View Post
    Hi FVFDRUMS, i have been watching this build log because i,m going to build a m/c similar to yours, similar cutting area with similar size tooling(20mm linear guides and 16mm ball screws) .the lengths will be different sizes. i plan to m/c hardwood ( the occasional guitar body) can you let me know where you bought the slides, ball screws and bearing blocks to suit? also is there a download of the specs available so i can incorporate this info in to my dwg.
    By the way, how is your build going?
    Hi PauRO

I got my parts from Chai at linearbearings2008 on eBay. Many on this forum have used him with good results. I got the following (see link) but swapped the supported round 1100mm SBR16 slides for SBR20. Chai was excellent in changing the order and I received everything intact within 10 days. 3 SBR16 sets +3 ballscrews RM1605+3BK/BF12 +3 couplers | eBay . I'm building my CNC to make guitar bodies

Regards
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeyC38; 04-04-2013 at 11:26 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyC38 For This Useful Post:

Well its been quite a while (9months) since I was last on this thread talking about the machine I was about to start and as per usual a whole load of "Life" has got in the way preventing this from moving forward in the way I had hoped.

Anyway to cut a long story short its got to the time of the year when for me work goes a bit quiet and means I can legitimately take some "time off " a real rare thing, so I have now planned in for work to start on the machine in the 1st or 2nd week of November.

I now have a great garage space I have converted with heating and all my machine tools so it will be much easier to produce a better quality machine in the space.

Only problem is somehow in the last 9 months the folder containing all my drawings has vanished and apparently its nothing to do with the other half :| so I need to start drawing up from scratch again which will give me an oppertunity to have a look at the design with fresh eyes. Honestly I am not sure I will change too much from before as it was based on a machine Jazz had shown me some photos of and I really liked the compact aspect of it and the moveable bed design.

So I guess its a case of watch this space over the next month and hopefully I will be back up and running with a shopping list a workable design to go with it. Thanks to everyone so far for their inputs and guiding me in the right direction.

Quick question that I was trying to get answered earlier in the year but never got a definative so I thought I would get "paint" involved.

I was wondering if the BK12 bearing units have a rubber seal in them before the 2 bearings in the houseing and if so does the machined end of the ballscrew stop at this seal or the black part at the back of the unit or doe it fit right up to the bearings inside the unit. Picture attached is it A or B or even C and I am way off!

On a separate note I am awaiting the arrival of some profile rail and bearing carraiges, managed to find a good deal in the end and they are now in the country according to Royal Mail and out for delivery so there is a chance they may turn up today which would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BK confirmation.png 
Views:	311 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	10306  

If I am not mistaken it is more like B but there is a little spacer at each end of the bearing so that the ball screw does not squash the rubber seals. Be in mind that you will have a bit of free movement at the BF end as the bearing can float in it, say about 3mm. ..Clive

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information