I have tried to keep out of this for as long as possible, But I feel I must say something.

I am all for heated debates, but this is a public forum, and I must say that this topic does not look good for the forum/site, and in fact if this was my forum I would be dam right ashamed of topics like this.

If heated debates are going to get like this more and more, maybe it might be an idea for a "Heated Debate Section" within the forums.

But while on the subject of Mach3 / LinuxCNC (EMC), I can only say I have had nothing but problems with both OS while trying to run via printer port, I know lots of pepole have no problem, but I have tried 4x motherboards with onboard printer port, 1x motherboard without printerport (pci card), and a laptop with printer port, and all of them I get missed sets.

Due to all the problems I have had it was a case of buy an Ethernet SmoothStepper or just give up with my cnc.

In the end I have brought the Ethernet SmoothStepper from Warp9TD for a grand total of £150.22 plus what ever import fees I get hit with.
I also brought my own copy of Mach3 costing £111.78

I have said my bit.

Best Regards.