. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,my name is Predrag.I have a litle workshop for kitchen and furniture.In a last few mounts i am started building a cnc router.Dimension of worktop is 1000mm x 800mm.Working dimension will be aboute 800mm x 600 mm.On all 3 axes have ball screw 16/5mm with linear motion shaft and bearings.For x axe 20mm motion and shaft,for y and z axes 16mm shaft and bearings.This machine will moustly cut and curve MDF and cut chipboard.My problem is electronics,strenght of stepper motors.From yours opinion, which motors for my machine?Ok for me is 2000mm/min feedrate.Sory for my english and many greatings for cnc comunity from,newer prosy,Serbia!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 001.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	137   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 002.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	138   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 005.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 006.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 007.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 008.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina 009.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	143  

3 nm?,thats what i think.Thank you for welcoming,just for my curiosity,is structure of my machine will be enough for my needs?

Welcome to the forums becka !

I think 3nm and yes nice machine, also somthing i had plans to do with side rails.

Good luck!
    .Me

Hi Bekka, Welcome to the forum.

Nasty case of woodworm on your table mate:D

Regards, Jeff.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Hi Predrag, Your English is perfect I'll stick my neck out and say 3nm with 3A drivers.

Добродошли на форум Педраг
    My 3Nm steppers pull 4.2A peak (so Zapp tell me).

Can you get 3Nm that can use a 3A driver? If so I have a spare here I could turn to good (4th axis) use :)
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

6. The 3Nm steppers we sell need 2.1A in series and 4.2A in parallel.
    you can run them in series with a small driver like the MSD325, but due to the low volts of the driver the performance will be limited after about 250 RPM.

we suggest you run them in parallel with a min of 40V, they run best at about 70V with the MSD980, but that it a big driver and costs a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    My 3Nm steppers pull 4.2A peak (so Zapp tell me).
    Can you get 3Nm that can use a 3A driver? If so I have a spare here I could turn to good (4th axis) use :)

Any updates on the build of this machine, i cant wait to see more pics. This is allot how i plan to do my next machine...
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 18-01-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: sent email to OP as well see if we can get them back
    .Me

Sory for waiting updates pictures my machine,but here i am.After completing machine,i found a verry big problem.My rails with no support are barely for x and y axis.In the middle axis the whole bridge falls a few milimeters which is too much.In the meantime, i bought stepers 3 pieces,they have 2 nm,hope will be enough and router makita 3612 c for my spindle.When i bought support for rails, i will make again machine and pictures will be on this forum.Until then, a lot off gretengs from,never boring,Serbia!

Cant wait to see the new machine, any pics of your current machine/design ?

16mm Y axis ? you should be going for 20mm Round Rail no ?

Heavy gantry/bridge maybe ?

to Serbia !
    .Me

I'v just had an email from Predrag regarding his machine, this is what he said: (i have posted as him on the next post below)
    .Me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information