Thread: Peak or RMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11
    thanks Jonathan, im guessing all might be well with them sending as part of the kit
    i might have a go at putting these in tomorrow

    i'm hoping that the "sinusoidal output" is going to make the low speed noise a bit more sociable its the main reason i bought them.... got to be better than the TB board im using now....

  2. #12
    after grinding my teeth for a couple of hours i found pin 3 had been pushed back into the cable and not making contact :)
    iv burnt out my 12v atx power supply for the atom board :)
    took the skin off my finger and poked my eye... we are up and running again :)

    these digi drivers are shite compared to the 5axis TB6560 china specials!!!!! :)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG027.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	6726
    bit of a squeeze.... i'm quite pleased, not done much testing yet but they easily run quicker on the same voltage, the resonance isn't as bad (they play more of a tune now) and i didn't hear one lump of a lost step on a 20min run
    there's no noise at all when the motor isn't turning (the tb6560 had the motors hiss like a boiler)
    motors don't seem to get any hotter.... so far all seems well :)

    the only disadvantage is they maintain power to the motors when i hit the "reset" where as the TB cut all power so i will have to do a bit of faffing when plugging the 4th axis motor in

    all in all, quite pleased with them so far, fingers crossed :)

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    the only disadvantage is they maintain power to the motors when i hit the "reset" where as the TB cut all power so i will have to do a bit of faffing when plugging the 4th axis motor in
    Are you using the enable pins.? If so then don't and think you'll find it drops the power.?

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Are you using the enable pins.? If so then don't and think you'll find it drops the power.?
    i read your post about enable pins... iv not attached any jazz.... av i busted it already?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG027.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	6726
    You could definitely do with more threaded inserts in that alu profile lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. NEW MEMBER: Ay-up from the sunny peak district!
    By beado4ever in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •