Thread: Peak or RMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thanks Jonathan, im guessing all might be well with them sending as part of the kit
    i might have a go at putting these in tomorrow

i'm hoping that the "sinusoidal output" is going to make the low speed noise a bit more sociable its the main reason i bought them.... got to be better than the TB board im using now....

after grinding my teeth for a couple of hours i found pin 3 had been pushed back into the cable and not making contact :)
    iv burnt out my 12v atx power supply for the atom board :)
    took the skin off my finger and poked my eye... we are up and running again :)

these digi drivers are shite compared to the 5axis TB6560 china specials!!!!! :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG027.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	6726
    bit of a squeeze.... i'm quite pleased, not done much testing yet but they easily run quicker on the same voltage, the resonance isn't as bad (they play more of a tune now) and i didn't hear one lump of a lost step on a 20min run
    there's no noise at all when the motor isn't turning (the tb6560 had the motors hiss like a boiler)
    motors don't seem to get any hotter.... so far all seems well :)

the only disadvantage is they maintain power to the motors when i hit the "reset" where as the TB cut all power so i will have to do a bit of faffing when plugging the 4th axis motor in

all in all, quite pleased with them so far, fingers crossed :)

Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 6,192. Received thanks 1,011 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    the only disadvantage is they maintain power to the motors when i hit the "reset" where as the TB cut all power so i will have to do a bit of faffing when plugging the 4th axis motor in
    Are you using the enable pins.? If so then don't and think you'll find it drops the power.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Are you using the enable pins.? If so then don't and think you'll find it drops the power.?
    i read your post about enable pins... iv not attached any jazz.... av i busted it already?

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG027.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	6726
    You could definitely do with more threaded inserts in that alu profile lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12