. .
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Try theses http://www.spnd.com.tw/prod-e.html company called micro lab in taiwan, i had a quote last year for a M3-FPS Belt driven spindle that could run at 10K and that was $1000 these look very good quality units. they also do a load of other style spindles but again price is a big contender here!

Oooo thats a posh site.. and has some real goodies on it but i cant see any real spec sheets or a price list...
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I would like 1.5 - 3hp motor, 6000 rpm, bt30 atc with grippers, all in one motor/spindle package if poss.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    I would like 1.5 - 3hp motor, 6000 rpm, bt30 atc with grippers, all in one motor/spindle package if poss.
    lol me too
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

I think it's a safe bet to say Jazz and I would only be interested in the 15000rpm, BT30 spindle:

http://www.spnd.com.tw/pem3-fps.html

Realistically I just can't afford one, but lets see what the price actually is first... Also could do with getting a drawing from them.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think it's a safe bet to say Jazz and I would only be interested in the 15000rpm, BT30 spindle:

http://www.spnd.com.tw/pem3-fps.html

Realistically I just can't afford one, but lets see what the price actually is first... Also could do with getting a drawing from them.
    I bet once you pass 10k the price goes up as much as the rpm..... lol but it would be nice if it had a motor on from where i sit, as i will have to buy one anyhow and im sure that wont be cheap.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    it may be difficult to get a "low" rpm (6000rpm) spindle with the motor fitted.

Build one.

This one is only 1,5Kw, 2HP and ER32 but everything is adaptable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VMB22.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	6072
    John S -

9. Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Build one.
    Absolutely
    There is one which I build. It takes MT3 ER20 collet chuck or anything with MT3. It's not final design, but gives idea how it will looks like. There will be MT3-like taper on the top to install set of reduction pulleys. I rather needs to go down with the speed than up so taper roller bearing will be perfect for this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spindle.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	6074
    So far hollow shaft including M30/1 thread for preload nu,t internal and external MT3 tapers is turned. I'll try to make some pic of it.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    it may be difficult to get a "low" rpm (6000rpm) spindle with the motor fitted.
    Im sure it will, but to be fair, the more time goes by, the more likely i am to just buy the 10k ATC spindle and sort the motor seperatly. It seems od to me that so many people have these things but nobody knows where to get them at a reasonable price..lol

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information