. .
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    i know its a bit off topic but what alternatives would you consider to ballscrews on a 6' or 8' setup,

WOW just got a saturday delivery of the bits ive been waiting for...

6x 400x400x40 ali plate
    10x 2400x100x50x3 steel box section.
    6x 100x400x6 steel plate

Today is looking better and better!!!!!
    Last edited by Ricardoco; 26-05-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    i know its a bit off topic but what alternatives would you consider to ballscrews on a 6' or 8' setup
    I wouldn't.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Nope im not buying 8' ballscrews with all the work that comes with them so i need an alternative...
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Nope im not buying 8' ballscrews with all the work that comes with them so i need an alternative...
    Struggling to see how ballscrews could be considered a lot of work...compared to making an ATC spindle a rotating nut mount is a doddle. Please see what I posted here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...-advice-please
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Struggling to see how ballscrews could be considered a lot of work...compared to making an ATC spindle a rotating nut mount is a doddle. Please see what I posted here:

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...-advice-please
    Let me cure your struggle for you... How much will you charge me for two of those units - steppers you designed and built.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    definately rotating nut, with that length screw

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    definately rotating nut, with that length screw
    i was blown away when i first saw what Jonathan did with that rotating nut... very impressed.

No brainer to me rotating ballnut every time at this length.!!

And yes I'm up for a bulk buy ATC if it's 12K rpm area. Would prefer BT40 rather than BT30 has the holders tend to be cheaper(Approx £10 less each holder, 10 tools £100 big saving.) more available and allow larger capacity but I can live with BT30 if need be.!

Ok well lets keep looking then, sorry i dissapeared i was trying to get my sketchup drawing to a little less than 87meg!!! so i could e-mail it and it crashed my machine.... damn software...

Well ive hunted and hunted and 10k is as fast as i can find and to be fair 6k was enough for me so if i settle for 10k i wont be going too far wrong. in fact im not sure i will ever use the extra anyhow, but that will mean the bearings should last a little longer maybe..

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information