. .
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    i'm going to have 2 pole 1.5hp 3 phase motors on mine, and i fancy drilling through the motor spindle and attaching the atc actuator on the top of the motor so everything is in line
    I will have to stick with pulleys
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    well i've spent a few hours today pulling apart the J head on the first quatro, and it looks like i'll probably be stripping the quill and putting a new bt30 atc spindle into it to replace the R8 spindle. It would be a shame not to utilise the existing head and quill with it's bearings.
    The design of this spindle will probably be longer that the design on other ones, so mine may well be a special.

Back to the trawling then.... HELLLLPPPP Im going round in circles here...lol
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    no reason why we can't keep going down this line, it just means my ones will be slightly different
    Last edited by i2i; 22-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.

no reason why we can't keep going down this line, it just means my ones will be slightly different
    im sure we will get there, as i said i can wait for the best solution anyhow..

Rick

News from my end, i'm having the existing spindles reground to match the 30 taper, when they're back i'll see if they do the job. If so i'm out guys, this will save me a fair bit so i have to try it.

News from my end, i'm having the existing spindles reground to match the 30 taper, when they're back i'll see if they do the job. If so i'm out guys, this will save me a fair bit so i have to try it.
    Did you get anywhere with this?

I just spotted that the 6000rpm spindle from the same seller linked to earlier has 5% off and more interestingly someone's actually bought and reviewed it:

EN027# Spindle with synchronous belt for CNC milling BT30 ATC steel ball clamp+ disc spring+drawbar-in Machine Tool Spindle from Industry & Business on Aliexpress.com

'Fast delivery and nice spindle, but not the dimensions shown on the drawing on the listing. Diameter is 80mm above the flange and 85mm below it. It is in fact a SIPU model SPP8030-060-10F But still a BT30 ATC and 6000rpm so I am happy. :) FYI the timing pulley is a 45 tooth HTD5M and is 35mm wide Thanks'

Still too much to spend for me to only get 6000rpm...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

got the spindles back from the grinder and a bt30 hoder rings quite well into them. I'm in two minds now whether to leave the motor/pulley arrangement as is (bridgeport), or remove the pulley section and mount the motor directly on top of the spindle with a drawbar through the motor.

Well I got there in the end but via a different route. I ended up buying two HSD router spindles which have a 30 taper and air powered atc. They are 6.8kw and 24000 rpm, and should have a fair bit of power run at slower speeds.

Both of these I presume?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information