. .
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    its more a size thing for me the chinese motors themselves are quite compact but if there are alternatives then i would be happy to look at them...
    Ye thats why I asked about size because unless large or designed for at the outset then could be hard to impliment or so limiting it's not worth the trouble.

Ok well maybe im going down the wrong track, maybe i should have just asked if there was a suitable spindle that suited an atc conversion was not massive in size had a speed of > 6000 rpm but would be happy at 1000 rpm should the need arrise (lower speed not essential because not against using pulleys) but had a good amount of torque
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ok well maybe im going down the wrong track, maybe i should have just asked if there was a suitable spindle that suited an atc conversion was not massive in size had a speed of > 6000 rpm but would be happy at 1000 rpm should the need arrise (lower speed not essential because not against using pulleys) but had a good amount of torque
    Well not so much a wrong track has a potentialy expensive one with high percentage for disapointment unless well thought out.??

Like I say if it was relatively easy and CHEAP they would be available by now has there have been plenty of people asking about ATC over the years since affordable WC spindles arrived on the scene.!!

I'm sure it will happen sooner or later thou.??????????????

So what do you suggets then or should i throw it out there in a new thread...
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

So what do you suggets then or should i throw it out there in a new thread...
    Sorry hope you don't think I'm being negative or argumentative I'm really not just trying to be realistic.!!
    I can't suggest anything more than I have already. If I had a cheap answer I'd be shouting about it.!!

All I know what your after with compact high torque and high rpm and a decent ATC setup hisn't cheap to buy or would imagine to DIY cheaply.

Money isnt really a problem to be fair, i just want the best value with what i spend, and if that means submitting designs to engineering companies to have the things custom made then so be it, on the other hand im not sure i want to spend £2000 when i cant help thinking there must be a cheaper way..... after all this forum is full of people with mills and routers isnt it

Money isnt really a problem to be fair, i just want the best value with what i spend, and if that means submitting designs to engineering companies to have the things custom made then so be it, on the other hand im not sure i want to spend £2000 when i cant help thinking there must be a cheaper way..... after all this forum is full of people with mills and routers isnt it
    Yes I get what your saying and this is my point.! To do it correctly and be worth the trouble it won't be any cheaper I don't think. Custom made anything cost's money.!!

This is my take on it.!! . .The chinese WC spindles in there current format are not really suitable to ATC for both the spindle taper type and the fact they are high speed low torque motors.
    To design one based on the current WC spindle will require much trial and error and at £180 pop and quality angular contact bearings etc you don't need to get it wrong many times to start building up the costs.! . . . . If you did manage it then IMO you would still have a less than ideal ATC setup.!

If moneys no object then go for it and I know I'll be watching with great interest.!

If you want an idea of the work involved in building a proper ATC spindle then checkout Henriks thread on cnczone and he still wasn't 100% happy with it when finished because it had 0.01-0.02mm runout.!! . . . He's bit of a perfectionist thou.!
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertic...roject-13.html

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

Use your own motor to suit,

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    or

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

I have one of these planned to replace an old bridgeport styled milling head.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Thats what I meant with using the Tormach cartridge but this would be perfect, just add air cyclinder and your ready to go. Good shout i2i. .

Now who can I tapup for $900.??? .

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information