. .
    hiya every one,

I am new to cnc but have been using a milling machine for a little while.
    I build RC models and love details.

I am 36 and live in Waddington. I serve in the armed forces.

I have a little shed in the garden for my hobby. I own a axminster x2 milling machine which is the same as sieg x2 and a variety of others in different colours.

I find that people who machine parts for the hobby to sell do charge a large amount so it's something I want to do but at reasonable prices.

however I want to use CNC machining for personal use to build by models. I am currently building a RC excavaor in 1:14 scale fully hydraulic. I am not short of ideas and designs and more than capable of designing the parts just the manufacturing of these parts is lengthy and not terribly accurate.

I hope, in the future to set up a little company with the aim to build full models and parts at reasonable prices. I believe in quality and quantity and not the get rich quick road.

any how hope that you guys and gals can help me learn CNC

many thanks

rebekah anderson

Hiya rebekah, Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjoy being a member, there are years of experience here, and im sure you will quickly get to know folks they have helped me no end and ive had a good laugh in the meantime. If you think my limited knowlege can help you in the future please dont be affraid to ask, so happy reading whats here already and i hope to see you adding to it real soon.

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Thread Information