. .
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i dont have a wire wheel for the grinder but i use ones on the drill,but i think i may well invest in one i do have experience of spraying motorcycle components so im not too worried about technique and although i would not call my paint work professional standard i feel its good enough, i think my real problem is patience i am going to spray, i know i would get a better finish with sprayingthanks for the information, i appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by rnr107 View Post
    Hi Jonny,
    The lathe is a "C" part of the AUD, BUD, CUD , A, B and C family. I am not sure what the difference are with the CSB ...
    Nice rebuild but not keen on the yellow myself but like you say colour is a personal thing.!

I've got an AUD long bed and I love it stands me at next to nothing and runs sweet as nut.
    Did think to turn it CNC but just couldn't bare to do it to such a nice machine, really would like a CNC lathe thou so it's come close a few times.!! Anyway those urges have all gone now has I've had a scabby Myford super 7 given free so thats getting CNC'd soon has I get chance.

is it just me or do boxford owners see myfords as inferior? ive never even seen a myford lathe in person let alone had the chance to do a comparison. i have looked into converting the lathe to cnc but i would rather just save up and get a TCL to restore and then have the best of both.
    im getting ahead of myself, i dont even have a mill... yet! oh my, wouldn't a VMC be a lovely addition to my future boxford collection

Jazz,
    The JCB yellow is my favorite bit ! I love this little touch of brightness! :-) How well, I guess I can not please everyone... :-)

Jonny,
    Myfords are a lot smaller than the Boxford. Which VMC are you talking about? Boxford 260VMC or Warco VMC ?

BTW: If one of you is after a CNC lathe, I have Boxford TCL125 converted to Mach3 ready to run... I just need to finish the front panel for it and it will be for sell...

RNR

BTW: If one of you is after a CNC lathe, I have Boxford TCL125 converted to Mach3 ready to run... I just need to finish the front panel for it and it will be for sell...
    Shudder at the thought.!!! . . I build em don't buy-em. . .Lol

Jazz,

Jonny,
    Myfords are a lot smaller than the Boxford. Which VMC are you talking about? Boxford 260VMC or Warco VMC ?

RNR
    I thought you would have inferred from context.
    of course i meant boxford but not necessarily the 260
    as much as id love a 125 tcl what i really need right now is a mill although il consider it, fancy pm'ing me an idea on price and some specs?

Jonny whats that bike on your avtar.? Is it TZ 250.? Can't see it very clear.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Jonny whats that bike on your avtar.? Is it TZ 250.? Can't see it very clear.!
    honda rs250 @ kells road race.
    the competitive lads dont use tz's over here, its a shame, i have a soft spot for the tz's

Quote Originally Posted by jonnydeen View Post
    honda rs250 @ kells road race.
    the competitive lads dont use tz's over here, its a shame, i have a soft spot for the tz's
    Ye I had a feeling it was honda from discs and bit of frame fairing/fender etc but that exhaust looked too low and TZ like so did tank/seat. Wondered if it was some TZ hybrid affair.!!

I used to work for HRC Honda UK many many moons ago.! Spencer, Haslam, Roger bernett, Roger marshal days. . Prized possession is one of freddies old helmets which he signed for me. . . Happy days.!!

jealousy levels rapidly rising! do you by chance remember the vf500 championship?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information