. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Next thing you'll be saying it's 12x6' with a pocket in each corner...
    I've got one of them

Shame if he was cos I've just flogged the slate for a fullsize table.!!

The spinny laser thing would project a flat plane, but not necessarily a level one....
    My one is on a gimble and points the laser verticaly down to a rotating mirror and so im lucky enough to have it be level..

Darn ive been rumbled!!!!
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Maybe the 4 buckets full of water and connected by pipes sort of thing. Any thoughts???
    A customer in the US used pretty much this set up to level the jigs and platforms they built their aeroplanes on.

We used ultrasonics to measure the level of 'water' in the connected 'buckets' to within a couple of mm, hydraulics did the actual movement. Why go to all this trouble? If nothing else, gravity can assist in measuring precise angles.

Quote Originally Posted by ecat View Post
    A customer in the US used pretty much this set up to level the jigs and platforms they built their aeroplanes on. .
    Its not just in America they use Jigs

Quote Originally Posted by ecat View Post
    We used ultrasonics to measure the level of 'water' in the connected 'buckets' to within a couple of mm, hydraulics did the actual movement. Why go to all this trouble? If nothing else, gravity can assist in measuring precise angles.
    Its no trouble for me to do really, i was playing in the garden today and ive arrived at the design WITHOUT using a hose pipe of course
    with the ban and all...lol it must have been all the usefull information i gathered from the post...lmao
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Its no trouble for me to do really, i was playing in the garden today and ive arrived at the design WITHOUT using a hose pipe of course
    with the ban and all...lol
    No such thing up here mate we have more wet stuff than we know what to do with. . . . . Well we do have to have something to compensate for all the times you get the sun while it's pissing it down up here. . Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No such thing up here mate we have more wet stuff than we know what to do with. . . . . Well we do have to have something to compensate for all the times you get the sun while it's pissing it down up here. . Lol
    I do sympathise with you i really do (except for the fact your beer is cheaper that is).., and i wouldnt mind the hose ban if we hadnt had the highest rain fall since records began, i do admit it all fell in the last 8 weeks but still they say they arnt going to lift it.........

I do sympathise with you i really do (except for the fact your beer is cheaper that is).
    And it don't taste like waterd darn dishwater..!!

Couldn't the bed be made with three legs supporting a torsion box type table? It may not be level but any twisting moment would be eliminated.

... because i will be using the bed for other things when the cnc machine is not in use..
    aha! a recent batch of 542H been purchased?? :-)

You could always make your own ferrofluid or Electrorheological fluid and have active suspension? but in practical terms, horse mats!
    Last edited by mocha; 17-07-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information