. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is a rebuild the only option for a Boxford TCL 125 lathe, where the software is not available. Boxford have quoted me 5k+.
    Is there any other realistic option. Thanks.

I hope I have not placed this in the wrong part of the forum

I have just bought a Boxford TCL 125 at an auction. And I,m starting to realise that the availability of the software to run it is virtually nil. I,ve been quoted 5k-6k to upgrade it to a running machine. And thats not an option. I was wondering if you guys could offer me a solution to get it running. I,d imagine upgrading it for a complete novice is not an option either . Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks.

I hope I haven,t posted this in the wrong section, please forgive me if I have

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Hi there, convert it to mach3. It can be done for a couple of hundred max.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Forget Boxfords old software, convert it to Mach3. It's a relatively simple conversion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    Forget Boxfords old software, convert it to Mach3. It's a relatively simple conversion.
    That has made my day, thanks.

Does relatively simple, mean suitable for a newbie. or do you need to be an electronics genius. Is there a thread or somewhere that explains the process, and where to source the parts required.

Thankyou,

boxster

you need to interface the stepper drives and the spindle drive to the parallel port for the outputs, and the limits, estop and index on the inputs. The 125 has had a few facelifts so there's no definitive guide to converting your lathe. If you fancy a chat about your lathe i'll pm you my mobile number.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

you need to interface the stepper drives and the spindle drive to the parallel port for the outputs, and the limits, estop and index on the inputs. The 125 has had a few facelifts so there's no definitive guide to converting your lathe. If you fancy a chat about your lathe i'll pm you my mobile number.

I appreciate the offer, and no doubt when I,m good to go, I,ll take you up on that. So, exactly where is the best place to source the necessary parts, and what will my shopping list be like. Will I be losing much of the original machine. I,ve come across some threads on the web that give me the impression I,m basically gutting most of the electronics of the original set up. Am I wrong in this belief. thanks

boxster

you can use the existing drives, steppers, psu, spindle drive, relays and add mach to them. Or you can replace everything, it's your choice.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to i2i For This Useful Post:

Hey Boxster, give i2i a call he talked me through my boxford 260 mill conversion to mach and it cost me very little, he knows his stuff and talks in plain english, i was new to it all and he was my dictionary!!!..

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ricardoco For This Useful Post:

you can use the existing drives, steppers, psu, spindle drive, relays and add mach to them. Or you can replace everything, it's your choice.
    What would be your advice, to keep all the original items that I can, or replace everything. Is there a marked difference in the 2 approaches.

Have no fear, I will be ringing you midweek Just as soon as the holiday spirit is over . Where is the best place to source the parts I need.

Thanks .

Boxster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information