. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Does this happen on both the slow and fast probes.?

2. I have just looked at the motor settings for my Z-Axis.

400 Steps Per.
    2000 mm/min.
    500 mm/sec/sec.

I am using TR16x4 leadscrew, and 3.1NM stepper motors @ 42Volts.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Its a router,gantry type,the z axis is as light and as simple as I could make it.The motors are 3nm belt driven 2:3. I slowed the z axis down to 500 to see if it would help, when jogging it stops immediately. Will put some pics/bids up tomorrow, time permitting.

It works fine on the slow probe

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Its a router,gantry type,the z axis is as light and as simple as I could make it.The motors are 3nm belt driven 2:3. I slowed the z axis down to 500 to see if it would help, when jogging it stops immediately. Will put some pics/bids up tomorrow, time permitting.
    If the Z axis performs ok while cutting etc IE: No missing steps etc then I very much doubt theres an issue here.

Next up would be the probe wire and BOB.? Could be a slow reacting opto or some silly issue like this.? First I would change probe to a different input pin and see if this changes any thing.! Then if not change the probe wire and try again. . . DONT. . Do both at same time else you won't know which it was.!!

If you want to change the 2010 probe speeds to a really slow value to be sure it doesn't happen then change these values in these macro's.
    Both macros use the same values and named contants. . . . Both found here C:/Mach/Macros/2010/

Look for the Constants called "FirstProbeFeed" and "SecondProbeFeed" they will appear twice, one for the imperial units and one for metric units. Just change the value which ever units you use. You can also set the retract values here has well, it will be obvious which is which.!

The simple Z probe is M881 and toolchange probe M889 you will need to do both.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 04-06-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks for the help

I tried changing inputs on the bob and replaced the wires, sadly this didn't work.BUT as a last resort I did a fresh install, reset all settings.Now not only does the toolchange work perfectly, I can now run all axis MUCH faster with no problems.It took a while but now I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks to all

Si

Most likely this was due to a corrupt .xml file.

Make a copy of it asap, and next time you experience any type of strangeness, delete the .xml in the Mach3 folder and replace it with the backup copy. Much easier than doing a clean install.

I've had my .xml file go bad twice in the last 18 months. In both cases, the machine would no longer home. It would move a fixed amount away from the switch and stop, every time. I don't know if anything else was affected, as I didn't run the machine, since I couldn't home it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Make a copy of it asap, and next time you experience any type of strangeness, delete the .xml in the Mach3 folder and replace it with the backup copy. Much easier than doing a clean install.
    Same applies to any custom macro's or plug-ins, brains etc personaly I just back the complete folder up and keep on external HD bit OTT but safe.

Yes, but .xml files are the only ones that seem to just go bad on there own, and sometimes need replacing. I've never heard of any other files becoming corrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    Yes, but .xml files are the only ones that seem to just go bad on there own, and sometimes need replacing. I've never heard of any other files becoming corrupt.
    Yeh Gerry I've seen a few problems with lockups and Art code errors etc and it's been down to Faulty Dll's in plugins folder. The SS has given me a couple over the years. Often when I've been messing about with some other device or plugin based device and the gremlins get in a screw about.? . . . . But your right the Xml's are the most trouble some and seem to just flip out for no good reason.??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information