. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi All,I'm nearing the end of my first router build but have run into a problem that's driving me nuts.The machine is made from aluminum profile and runs on vee bearings. The problem I'm having is when I auto zero Z in mach3 the tip of the tool touches the plate but doesn't always stop dead, sometimes it decelerates too slowly and digs the tip into the plate.I've tried changing motor settings etc but nothing seems to do the trick.I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.Thanks in advance
    Si

Which screen set are you using.?

In the macro that runs the Auto Z code there will be code to change the speed.
    To find the code and change go to Operator Menu and select "Edit button script". Then you should see some of the buttons on the screen flashing. One of these will be the button you click on to AutoZ. Click on it and it and inside the script editor it will show you the code for the AutoZ. Depending how the code is written then there will be a feed rate value F500 for instance.!! Change this value to a lower value.
    From what you say it sounds like your code just use's a single speed which is a bit basic and not very accurate.!! Better way is for the probe to do 2 checks, first a fast initial probe to get close then a slower one to be accurate. The second probe retracts slightly then does a really slow accurate probe then sets the Z Dro to zero then finish's by going to a specified retract distance then.

If your not sure what I mean or don't fancy messing with code then If you zip and post your Mach profile by going into the Mach folder and finding the XML file with the same name has the profile you use then I'll take a look at it for.

Hi Jazz, thanks for the reply.
    I'm using 2010 Screenset which has 2 plates, 1 fixed and 1 movable. When zeroing,it will usually stop OK on the first plate but never on the second.I will try to have a look at the macros,I'll let you know how I get on.
    Many thanks
    Si

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Hi Jazz, thanks for the reply.
    I'm using 2010 Screenset which has 2 plates, 1 fixed and 1 movable. When zeroing,it will usually stop OK on the first plate but never on the second.I will try to have a look at the macros,I'll let you know how I get on.
    Many thanks
    Si
    Ah ok gerrys screen then it's different and the way I suggested doesn't work. Needs to be done by accesing the macros directly within the 2010 folder. Thou to be honest I've never had a problem with Ger's screen and was one of the first to have Ger's screen set so been using it from day one.

Which screen set is it.? IE:2010, 2010X, 2010-4, 2010-4X.?

Ok I just checked both the simple Z Autozero routine and the main tool change routine and both are set to 250mm/min fast probe and 25mm/min slow probe so you shouldn't be getting this problem unless your routine is cocked up or the probe/plate is dodgy.??

Its 2010, the led for the contact plate lights up but motor takes about half a second to decelerate!

7. What are your current Mach3 motor settings?

I am using Mach3 with the 2010 screenset, and ESS.

My 1st touch is quite fast, and my 2nd touch is alot slower.
    Last edited by Mad Professor; 03-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Its 2010, the led for the contact plate lights up but motor takes about half a second to decelerate!
    Seems strange happenings esp has you've mentioned changing motor settings etc so don't suspect it's overtuned.??
    What size machine or more the point is it an heavy Z Axis with large spindle using small motors.? . . . Z axis specs will help or a pic.!! . . Also what are your velocity and Acceleration settings.?

Has it always done this from day one or just developed.?

X=v1000. Acc=20
    Y+A=v1000. Acc=20
    Z=v500. Acc=350

Just tried same operation in "big tex" and got the same problem!

What type of machine.? Mill or router type.?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information