. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm needing 6 of the attached plate machined for some prototypes.

They're a 35mm square, with a flat sided circle in the center for locating a connector, and four 5mm bolt holes.
    Plate thickness isn't critical but something in the region of 1 to 3mm is needed (round 2mm is probably best), and provided the bolt hole positions are marked, I can drill them myself.

The main bit I need done is the connector mounting hole.I
    've drawn it with perfect internal corners, but for machining, it can be undercut into the circle by upto a mm (anymore and the sealing o-ring won't be effective), as I'd like the straight edge to remain untouched (it helps with stopping the connector from spinning).

The connectors are Bulgin PX0412 series, and I can supply a connector if needed to check fit.

Attachment 6106

Will Check what plate I have and will knock you some up tommorow.

Think I have some 3mm Alu plate.? Does it need to be Alu If it's for proto's because think I have some thin HDPE has well.?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Now you mention it, it doesn't have to be Alu, it's just that's what I made the main housing from.

Can the corner were the circle meets the flat have a slight radius.? Say If I use a 1mm tool to clean up will leave 0.5mm radius is that ok.?

0.5mm radius should be fine. If needed I'll just buff the corners of the connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    0.5mm radius should be fine. If needed I'll just buff the corners of the connectors.
    Ok Consider it done will womp them off tomoz.!

Ok Done but only had 3mm ALU, HDPE was 4mm. Couldn't use 1mm bit not enough flute length so nearist I had was 1.5mm but don't think it will be problem see pics.
    If you need corner sharper than this then a quick rub with a sharp file will sort it.!

Don't worrie those holes are only 5mm they look massive in pics.!!

PM me your Adddress and I'll stick them in post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0158.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	6107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0159.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	6108  

Thread Information