. .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ok quick update.

I've just installed dev version ending .062 on my win7 32bit with 2010set and it works fine in both PP and USB SS and purelogic Ethernet. Followed your exact actions in the video and works fine.? Tried to break it by usig different combo's and still it's stable.

So maybe you have an issue on the machines your running.? Maybe some other software is conflicting.? The machine I've just tried it on here is my house laptop and it's loaded up with all kinds of crap so not optimised in anyway.!!

I posted some information here 2 days ago, that was not approved by a moderator yet???

This probably won't be either but...

Mach3 version 3.43.022 has a serious bug that causes Mach3 to lock up when using the tool change macro (M6) from the 2010 Screenset. I don't know for sure, but my guess is that this bug is in all 3.43.xxx versions prior to 3.43.028, where it was fixed. You really should'nt try using any of these versions.

For Jazz, the routines probably don't work because the G31 probe commands need the parallel port driver (or motion device plugin) to work correctly. Perhaops the russian cards plugin doesn't support G31 properly?

I have a new PC with Windows 7 x64 at work that I can do some testing on, but I'm leaving on vacation in a few days and won't be able to check for about 2 weeks.

This is really starange. My guess was that it's a Windows 7 x64 issue, but you're seeing it on 32 bit as well???
    There are about 750-800 2010 Screenset users, and I have no other reports of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    I posted some information here 2 days ago, that was not approved by a moderator yet???

This probably won't be either but...
    Hi Gerry?

I've had a look at the moderation queue and we dont have anything out standing that needs looking at, on viewing the moderation log i can see this entry: Jonathan 23:17, 7th Jun 2012 Post Re: Mach3 + 2010 Screenset crashing. "Error found , Art Code: 9988" by Ger21 Removed

I dont know why Jonathan removed your submission but i will find out and let you know. Sorry for any inconvenience, as such your account has now been given full privileges and you no longer require your posts/threads to be moderated.

Regards,
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hi Gerry?

I dont know why Jonathan removed your submission but i will find out and let you know. Sorry for any inconvenience, as such your account has now been given full privileges and you no longer require your posts/threads to be moderated.

Regards,
    Lee
    Perhaps requires a smack on the back of his head ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Perhaps requires a smack on the back of his head ?
    Was going to trip him up on way to smoke room ?

Because he's been seduced to the Dark side with promise of a Quicky round back of the bike shed. .

Gerry: (It's Dean-Hemsworthlad) I've not had time to play properly with Russian card but it works fine with all probes using win 7 32bit and mach dev .062. 1.1.2 screen. (send me update please when you get chance.!!)
    Just 64bit version it failed on but it didn't even attempt to try working, just has if the call to load 2010 probe screen was being ignored.? All the probe buttons acted has if the weren't active, simple. autotool all of them were dead with no response or error message. I even went and checked the macros to see if they had gone Awol.!!. . . .Very strange.!

Hopefully later tonight I'll have more time to test things and see whats happening better.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    All the probe buttons acted has if the weren't active, simple. autotool all of them were dead with no response or error message. I even went and checked the macros to see if they had gone Awol.!!. . . .Very strange.!
    Did you copy the macros into the Mach3\macros\yourprofile folder? If not, that will cause what you're seeing.

8. Thanks again for everyones input so far.

This morning I was doing a clean install of Windows 7 32Bit, after doing a DOD wipe, on my Tablet PC, before installing all the software I need for the Tablet PC, I thought I would give Mach3 a try on that and see what happends.

So I once again installed Mach3 3.043.062, No LazyCam, No PrinterPort Driver, installed 2010 ScreenSet v1.1.4, Mach3 License.
    Ran Mach3 and used the default Mach3Mill xml profile, selected the 2010 screenset from menu.
    And I was still about to get it to crash.

So thats now 2 PC's and 1 tablet pc that I can get to crash in the same way.

I was at the workshop today, so I uninstalled everything to do with Mach3 from the CNC Computer, and deleted the "C:\Mach3" folder.

I then Installed Mach3 3.043.006, 2010 ScreenSet v1.1.4, Ethernet Smoothstepper Plugin ESS_v10fb2, Mach3 License, XML config file.

I have been using it since aprox midday and I have not had one crash.

I still can not work out why 3.043.010 and newer crashes, and where 3.043.006 works fine.

I am going to setup a VM on my home PC so that I can install multiple OS's XP, NT, 2K, W7, etc, to see what I can find out.

As said above I am up and running using Mach3 3.043.006, but I want to try and get to the bottom of why the newer versions crash.

Thanks again.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

I remember deleting a post recently because I saw it was an exact duplicate of a previous post? It seems I made a mistake, very sorry for the inconvenience.

Can't think of anything more than I've already suggested about the apparent problem with Mach.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post

So I once again installed Mach3 3.043.062, No LazyCam, No PrinterPort Driver,...............................

I am going to setup a VM on my home PC so that I can install multiple OS's XP, NT, 2K, W7, etc, to see what I can find out.
    Try with the printer port driver installed. A lot of things in Mach3 don't work correctly without it.

Also, I'm not sure if everything will work correctly using a VM. I don't think you can run a machine with Mach3 through a VM. At least I've never heard of anyone doing it. And if it's not fully functional, it's not a valid test.

One thing you might want to try is install 3.42.040 first, then install 3.43.062 on top of it. It doesn't crash here with 3.43.062.

You did say that it only crashes from the probe wizard toolbar button, right? What if you click the wizard button, then choose the probing wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    As said above I am up and running using Mach3 3.043.006, but I want to try and get to the bottom of why the newer versions crash.

Thanks again.
    As I mentioned above, if you do a toolchange with that version, it may cause Mach3 to lockup, which requires a hard reboot to recover.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information