. .
    Lives in lancashire, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-11-2015 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Hi all,

A few years ago i built a 8ft by 4ft cnc table, more for my own interest than any particular project. Attached a cheap plasma cutter on it with moderate success, had a router on it and also used it as a large format plotter. At present it is packed in storage but thinking of getting it going again. If any members reasonably close to blackpool have any ideas for how it could be utilised, i am open to listening to proposals. It may also be possible for other enthusiasts to have a play or just try out their ideas. Seems a shame to have it sat in pieces doing nothing.
    I also have a collection of lasers/ laser and cnc bits(was going to build a laser marker), but that's for another thread/forum!

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve
    I am just across the Bay in Stainton with Adgarley, I am not sure about posting links on the site but try this (https://sites.google.com/site/escalierzazou/) if it is not allowed PM me and i will send it to you, this project can only be made on a CNC machine and it also is shown with some steel sections to the same profile for stiffening i think if all the sections were glued up it would have more than enough strength, as far as i am aware these don't appear to be available in the UK so a good opportunity to get into designer stairs, hope you find it informative.
    Kindest Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    I am not sure about posting links on the site
    As far as I know so long as the link fits well in the context of the thread (i.e. not blatant advertising) and does not violate the forum rules in some other way, such as linking to pirated software or other objectionable content, then it is fine.

esbe: Do you have any pictures of the 8x4' machine as I'm sure plenty of people here would be interested in them?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Lives in lancashire, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 13-11-2015 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Hi Mike,
    An interesting suggestion for sure thanks. My machine could be coaxed into achieving that, its 8ft length being an advantage. Would have to be pretty sure of the engineering calculations for the design though, a collapse would be pretty disastrous! If its something your serious about trialing out Pm me and we can have a chat. Like i say machine sat in bits doing nothing.

Regards

Steve

Sorry jonathan as i say everything packed in storage at the moment so no photos available, however if i do decide to get it all going again happy to post some pics then.

Regards

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    as far as i am aware these don't appear to be available in the UK so a good opportunity to get into designer stairs, hope you find it informative.
    Kindest Regards
    Mike
    That could be because they dont meet our regs.?

Maybe but get them through the regs and you have a market leader!

Quote Originally Posted by esbe View Post
    Maybe but get them through the regs and you have a market leader!
    The reason I said this was because In the UK since early 90's it's been illegal to have open side staircase. I know this because my Ex father in law used to manufacture and fit staircases and I've built and fit quite a few with him.
    These stairs will meet the regs regards rise and going but not the open ends and to comply I think would lessen there appeal unless they made extensive use of Glass to show off there design.?
    This would need to be safety glass which hisn't cheap or light so could even need a redesign or severly beefing up to handle the weight.? Again this will lessen the appeal with both looks and cost.!!

But yes it's do-able but then it's just another nice looking staircase but nothing special.!!

Thread Information