. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi guys,

I tried to buy some 40x40 aluminium profile from ValuFrame but was told I need to have delivery made to a commercial premises and there is a minimum order of £100. Since it was my first order they said they would overlook the minimum order but it's a pain to get delivery to another address.

Can anyone suggest a place where I can get aluminium profile? I need 5x 1m lengths of 40x40.

Cheers!

Thanks for the recommendation, I just ordered with them. Actually my order was £156+VAT as I decided to build the machine bed with it too.

Any recommendations for a steel box section supplier?

Search for somewhere local - there's bound to be plenty of places in London. Just Google steel stockholder... phone them up and just make sure you know exactly what you need as industrial companies tend to just not bother / quote a silly price if it's not straightforward.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

What Jonathan advise's is correct but be aware that most steel stock holders only deal in full length's. For box section these length's are often 7.5mtrs in length.
    Some may cut to length but still charge for full length and also may charge to cut.

If you only want short lengths and low qty then expect to pay a premium price. To give some Idea for full length's 7.5mtr 50x50x3mm I pay between £24 - £28 +vat (Which gets forgot about for cash) depending on steel prices at the time. Unfortunatly no point me giving you my supplier has they only deal local and don't internet or mail order.

Edit: RE: Value frame: Every pice I've ever had to deal with from them is either not cut to correct length or end not cut straight or both.!! Won't buy from them for that reason plus KJN are mostly cheaper and cut spot on every time.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 12-06-2012 at 05:58 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

ValuFrame (Automation Supplies Ltd) are just down the road from me, 10mins away!

I gave them a call awhile ago asking for some profile for a very small job, i got the £100 min order thing told to me and then wouldnt let me collect...even when i said i'm literally 10 mins down the road (Wigan).

If i remember correct i was told "Its only £10 for postage and it will be on a next day service.".....really?...what ever mate!

Thanks for the warning Jazz i was thinking of going back to them for another try but i dont think i will now, i have spoken to kjn on the phone and they couldnt have been more helpful.

.Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    ValuFrame (Automation Supplies Ltd) are just down the road from me, 10mins away!

I gave them a call awhile ago asking for some profile for a very small job, i got the £100 min order thing told to me and then wouldnt let me collect...even when i said i'm literally 10 mins down the road (Wigan).

If i remember correct i was told "Its only £10 for postage and it will be on a next day service.".....really?...what ever mate!

Thanks for the warning Jazz i was thinking of going back to them for another try but i dont think i will now, i have spoken to kjn on the phone and they couldnt have been more helpful.

.Me
    im sure he just has an office and just plays the middle man thats why he wont let you collect, my profile came over from the continent, i had no problems with quality and lengths though

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    tell em to shove it and use these http://www.kjnltd.co.uk/
    and i second that I sent them drawings and they cut all my bits to size and sorted out what fixings i needed, they also sent me software to design in the future free of charge, to be fair they built my first machine minus rails and screws and the cutting was very accurate.. they are very good...
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    i cant fault em although im not that keen on the range of fittings for cnc frames,i like the range of fittings/plates 8020 do in the states,i did mention it to kjn when down there a year or two back but i dont think it grabbed them.
    i reckon they,d be a big hit.
    Hmmm i think they are distributors/suppliers of rexroth products (thats who makes the software they sent me ) so i suspect if you tracked down some information from Rexroth part/order numbers or stock codes they might sing another tune... lol i certainly managed to get me some bits they dont normaly do
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

I got my stuff from KJN. It came nicely cut and in good condition. Recommended :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information