. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Good day all.
    I am looking for some help and advice regards to my Mach3 system crashing.

I am using Mach3 R3.043.062, with the 2010 screenset, and ethernet smoothstepper with the ESS_v10fb2 plug-in, and running windows 7 64bit.

The problem that I am having is that at random times Mach3 will just crash and come up with "Error found , Art Code: 9988, Attempt Rec...".

The thing that I have found that seems to set off the crash is using the 2010 screenset X/Y probing shortcut button, but even that is hit and miss to when it feels like crashing.

I have found that if I use the MDI interface and then press the probing shortcut button that this will crash mach3 most of the time.

Also when mach3 crashes, and I restart the program, the ethernet smoothstepper will no longer respond and I have to cycle the power to the ethernet smoothstepper.

Here are my mach3 system hardware details.
    Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 - Processor.
    ASUS Commando - Motherboard.
    4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) - Memory.
    nVidia 210 - Video Card.
    Crucial M4 64GB Solid State Drive.
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

I 1st contacted ger21 on the forum as I thought it might be a problem with his 2010 screenset.

Ger21 replied saying that none of his other users have reported this problem, and it sounds like it my be a plug-in problem so to contact Greg at Warp9 Tech Design.

Greg said he is unsure what the problem might be, and he has no idea regarding the Art Code: 9988 error.

I have also tried running Mach3 in Windows XP mode, and I still get the same problem.

I have uploaded a video to my SkyDrive for you, so you can see what I am doing when the crash / error happens: http://sdrv.ms/K8dQLe

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Try this plugin.? V10da5

Not sure if it will work but belive it's the latest development plugin.?

Other things to try are using an older version of Mach say R3.043.040 this I know works with the USB SS and Gers screen because I use it.

Could also try using a older ESS plugin has a last resort.!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Another thing is to ask Ger if he knows anyone running the Ess with his screen and see if he can find out the Mach version and ESS plugin versions there running.?

My first approach would to be using an older Mach version R3.042.020 I know is a very stable version of Mach. Whether the ESS likes it or not I don't know.?

4. Thanks for your reply.

I don't think the ESS is the problem, I have tried again running mach3 in PrinterPort mode, and without any using any Motion Conrol, by Mach3 Menu > Function Cfg's > Reset Device Sel.., restarting mach3 and selecting No Device.

I can still get the same error.

As you say it's worth a try using an order version of mach3 for testing to see if I still get the error.

But from what I have been told I can only use the ESS with Mach3 R3.043.062 and newer.

Best Regards.

5. Just to make sure it's not a plug-in related problem, I have renamed all the mach3 plug-ins "C:\Mach3\PlugIns" from .dll to .m3p to disable them.

And I can still get it to crash.

Best Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post

But from what I have been told I can only use the ESS with Mach3 R3.043.062 and newer.

Best Regards.
    No not true I've seen someone post he use's Version R3.043.022 for Mach and plugin v10fb1 for ESS on the Mach forum SS section.

Edit: You must use R3.043.062 with the latest plugin but not the earlier plugins.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 07-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Try re-installing Mach completely but don't install the PP driver.? It can be added at anytime if you do need it.

8. I just uninstalled eveything to do with mach3, and then deleted "C:\Mach3".

I then installed Mach3 3.043.022, No LazyCam, no PrinterPort driver, no ESS Plug-in, Installed 2010 ScreenSet, Copied Mach3 xml and license file to "C:\Mach3".

I then ran Mach3 with my xml file, and I was still able to make Mach3 crash.

So I thought there might be an error with my xml file, so I loaded Mach3 with the default xml, and I can still get it to crash.

Any more ideas?

Ermmm. . . Ok. This sounds very much like your XML is fubar. 2010 set is stable on that version I know that 100%

Try creating a new XML using the 1024 set and the ESS installed then try to see if it works ok, then install 2010 set and test again.?

10. I have just tried again on my Home PC, that has never had mach3 installed on it, and get the same thing again, with only installing Mach3, 2010 ScreenSet, and the Mach3 license.

JAZZCNC: What OS are you running on your Mach3 computer, I am starting to wonder if it might be a Windows 7 64bit issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information