1. #1
    Hi guys and girls, im Jordan, 19 and live in Essex. Im currently a machining apprentice in my final year and hopefully will be complete by September. When I have finished I will be an operator/setter and hoping within a few years time become an operator/programmer.

    Anyway thats my short intro as im not to sure what to write in here, but hope to speak to many of you soon.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan27 View Post
    Hi guys and girls, im Jordan, 19 and live in Essex. Im currently a machining apprentice in my final year and hopefully will be complete by September. When I have finished I will be an operator/setter and hoping within a few years time become an operator/programmer.

    Anyway thats my short intro as im not to sure what to write in here, but hope to speak to many of you soon.
    Hi there Jordan and welcome, there are a great bunch of people here on this site, and its been a pleasure to be a part of many a hot debate, the years of experience that gather here is sure to be very helpfull should you have any questions, i wish you all the luck in your Apprenticeship and needles to say if there is anything that you think i can help with then drop me a line .

    All the best Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

  3. #3
    Hi Jordan

    Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie too and the guys on here are great. I notice your in your final year of aprentiship my son is very interested in becoming a machinist / CNC operator could you give me an idea of what you studied and how you went about getting into this line of work.

    Cheers

    Lancer

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Hi there Jordan and welcome, there are a great bunch of people here on this site, and its been a pleasure to be a part of many a hot debate, the years of experience that gather here is sure to be very helpfull should you have any questions, i wish you all the luck in your Apprenticeship and needles to say if there is anything that you think i can help with then drop me a line .

    All the best Rick
    Hi Rick,

    Thank you for the reply and I think I will be needing some luck, and I may be dropping you a line in the future. Thanks again

    Jordan

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Hi Jordan

    Welcome to the site, I'm a newbie too and the guys on here are great. I notice your in your final year of aprentiship my son is very interested in becoming a machinist / CNC operator could you give me an idea of what you studied and how you went about getting into this line of work.

    Cheers

    Lancer
    Hi Lancer,

    Thanks for the reply, I certainly am in my final year of my apprenticeship and cannot wait to finish either. I have studied a 3 year apprenticeship with the 1st year consisting of NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Operations, 1st year of my BTEC Level 3 in Engineering and also my Level 2 Key Skills certificates. My 2nd year was spent back on site starting my NVQ Level 3 in CNC machine centres and also my final year to finish my BTEC Level 3 qualification. My 3rd and final year has been spent finishing my NVQ Level 3 and gaining hands on experience with the machines. This will change from firm to firm as my final job role will be different to that of another company with another CNC machinist. The best thing to do is to find Engineering Apprenticeships, with manufacturing there are firms around the UK...once your in the door then more firms come to light and also other opportunities will arise.

    I hope this is of more help

    Cheers
    Jordan

Similar Threads

  1. I am looking for work as cnc operator.
    By krystiankania in forum Opportunities Available & Sought
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 03:55 PM
  2. RFQ: I am looking for work as cnc operator.
    By krystiankania in forum Projects, Jobs & Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2014, 03:48 PM
  3. How to find first job as CNC operator ?
    By malzyk in forum Opportunities Available & Sought
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 04:21 PM
  4. Add Operator Message in G-code?
    By Tenson in forum Programmers Corner
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2013, 07:39 PM
  5. NEW MEMBER: hello a cnc operator here...
    By whz1001 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •