. .

Thread: M542 Driver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'll grab some pics for you shortly, i'v got 3 of these drivers not doing anything. I like taking photo's as well so they should come out nice !

Ok mine are the original MSD542’s from Motion Control Products; they did another version after this one as well but I’ve not got any of those.

I took these quickly for you, so don’t know if they help. Click twice on each for the full size image.

.Me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msd542.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	6196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msd542-1.jpg 
Views:	1366 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	6197  

Thanks for trying Lee, i will lift the dead component and clean it up so that i can see the tracks and have buzz round. Looking at the reverse side of the board it is labeled as a Leadshine M542 V2.0 dated 2008-10-09. Do we have any Leadshine stockists?

Jonathan the Fets i have on here are IRFZ44N
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I've just sent Leadshine a mail to there support people to see if they can help? see what happens?????

No problem!

This one is a Leadshine v1.1 so it looks like yours is the one after, Gary @ Zapp maybe able to help or one of the guys at MCP. Dont know if they did/do a v3.0 but it would be handy if you could get another v2 to have a look at, have you not got the others...i guess not or you would of looked at one of those.

John S is likely to have a v2 and any others i would have thought?, maybe worth a try.

.Me

Yes all my other ones i have on my machines are all different, typical???

Note to self.......Always take pictures of circuits for future blow ups.

7. We have V3 and may have some old failed V2.
    The leadshine 542 is quite a robust driver, so if you are popping them, you may need to look further than the driver.
    The problem is that there are a lot of copies out there that make out to be leadshine but are in fact cheap knockoffs.

Hi Gary

I wish it was me that made it go pop, at least i would have known what happened to it? I'm just putting together some more bits for my mill build and a friend of mine had these laying around so i hoovered them up. I spoke with him today and he said he bought these from you way back. The interesting thing is he said that he did reverse the polarity in haste to get them into his machine by following the wiring of the first one he put in (this was a different make). Do they have a protection diode on the V3?

Sorry not got any 542's at the moment, I never keep dead ones anyway, just bin them.
    If I'd have know people want them to play with them I'd save them but to be honest it's very rare they go wrong.
    I know I have a couple of dead 880's kicking about but these will be well fried.
    Customer lives right next door to a main sub station and every couple of years everyone down his road get all the electrics fried but they claim it off the lecky board.
    John S -

Good news!

Leadshine replied and it is just a protection diode, the circuit is such that it will work without it. So i will clean it up and try it out :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information