. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    guys so i asked about this a while back but it really baffled my head as i havn't done this before.

The CNC is due in the next week and i got a letter, i owe them £597 they estimated total was around £620 with the VAT/duties included.!!!

It was for:

• Admin fee
    • transportation
    • corgo fee
    • CAF x2
    • Terminal hadling charge

• Clearance
    • Dti epu
    • Trucking
    • Use of deferment 2 pct outlay min

And a bunch of other things too

They told me that i can use other forwarders to maybe bring the cost down, Does anyone know how this works or any forwarders that could help me, currently mannsons are dealing with this.

Craig
    Last edited by craigrobbo; 28-06-2012 at 10:54 PM.

2. The main costs will be the Duty and VAT based on the value of the invoices issued to the forwarder.
    The likelihood is that who every you change to will not be able to save you anymore money.
    At the end of the day Duty and Vat needs to be paid, and the only reduction would be the forwarders fees, that are not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    they,ve got a nerve slagging them somalis off!
    Some bodys got to pay for Queeny's party.!!. . . . and keeping the PM's Banker mates in a Job and out of Jail.!!

Thank you, its not just duties, but handeling fees admin fees cargo movement fees courier fees an a list of little things.

The important thing is how would i go about getting an alternative export company to get it from the port, do the paper work and bring it to me?

Thanks

Craig

They will all be tarred with the same brush and all that will happen is it will get tied up in bond and you have to pay storage charges on top of what you have already been hit with.
    Just bend down and grip your ankles.
    John S -

The issue is the orginal company now will not deal with this shipment because of some certin logistics but thats sort of bi the bi, I need to find another company that can deal with this now :(

Please help im pulling my hair out.

Was this an air or sea shipment?

Has it arrived & in port or ina UK warehouse somewhere?

Where are the main costs...some are fixed & you can't dodge them VAT & Import...which are a % of the declared value...everything revolves around the declared value on the shipping bill (even the courier/shippiung agent handling fees)...therewfore it'#s a very key document to get right....before you buy anything.

Top tip for anyone bringing something into the country ....only buy from someone who's prepared to go the extra mile to get the sale and send erhm creative shipping documentation with the shipment!

Quote Originally Posted by HankMcSpank View Post
    Top tip for anyone bringing something into the country ....only buy from someone who's prepared to go the extra mile to get the sale and send erhm creative shipping documentation with the shipment!
    While I know what you refering too Hank this actually doesn't matter because in the eyes of the law the buyer is ultimately responsable for the paper work being correct and liable if not.!! . . . . So be carefull because if too creative HMRC will still bite your Arse.!!

It was a Sea shipment that is due in on the 9 July 2012.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by craigrobbo View Post
    It was a Sea shipment that is due in on the 9 July 2012.

Craig
    Looking at your updated first post I think your pain may well get worse because to me it reads that the £620 covers the handling fee's and the VAT/DUTY will come on top calculated from the machines value.?? . . . . .Hope I'm wrong but thats howit reads to me.!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information