. .
    Hi guys and gals Im an experianced self taught machinist and have had a manual Lathe and Mill for some years and have made a very diverse rangs of things on the mill and Lathe. My pashion is for model engines hot air, steam, flame eaters etc etc. I'm particually interested in learning about CNC work and can see me converting my Warco VMC at some point, but I wanted to start with say a Router/Dremil setup to start with. If anyones in the Nottingham area and want to have a chat and give me some pointers please feel free to PM me.

Cheers

Hi,

I have owned a cnc gantry router since March and am still on the learning curve (going round the bend). My purpose is to use it to engrave circuit boards and make housings for my pet project, a MIDI Harmonica. I have an entry level A4 machine from Marchant Dice and they have been most supportive in my stumblings. I have already modified the machine to stop me smashing inductive limit switches and have been having a lot of fun and frustration with Corel Draw, AutoCAD, LazyCam and Mach3. Apart from carving a house number in mahogany for a friend and making a cane mould for a glassmaker (Stuart Akroyd), I have yet to start my own project.

If there is anyone in the Nottinghamshire area who wants to make contact, I am happy to give email address and/or phone number.

Cheers,

Rob

I live in Nottingham during the university term time, but go home to Leicestershire during weekends:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/ke...dates1213.aspx

So if you want to meet/have a chat about the project during those dates I'm happy to help if I can...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Also in Nottinghamshire owned a self built machine for some time now.

If anyone wants to meet up or a chat on the phone I'm up for it.

andy

Hi from another alanb living in Nottingham. I have a small mill equivalent to warco 16 and want to convert it to cnc so happy to chat or meet. I bought the mill to build a cnc based rose engine that I use to decorate turned wood items. I have a blog at otinexperiences dot co dot uk showing what I do. I am still developing the wood turning stuff but converting the mill to cnc is something I want to do over what is left of this summer!!

alan

Alan,
    I have done about 5 WM14's / 16's if you want some details.
    PM me.
    John S -

Guys what can I say fantstic response, In in Arnold and will definately follow up with the guys that have PM's me.

Thread Information