. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,

I am a retired computer programmer with an interest in most things practical. I bought a Clarke Lathe ( the middle size one) some time ago and slightly later a CMD10 milling machine

I have owned a cnc gantry router since March and am still on the learning curve (going round the bend). My purpose is to use it to engrave circuit boards and make housings for my pet project, a MIDI Harmonica. I have an entry level A4 machine from Marchant Dice and they have been most supportive in my stumblings. I have already modified the machine to stop me smashing inductive limit switches and have been having a lot of fun and frustration with Corel Draw, AutoCAD, LazyCam and Mach3. Apart from making the Control Box front panel, carving a house number in mahogany for a friend and making a cane mould for a glassmaker (Stuart Akroyd), I have yet to start my own project.

If there is anyone in the Nottinghamshire area who wants to make contact, I am happy to give email address and/or phone number.

Cheers,

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mill.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	6212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBox.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	6213  

Been using my little router for circuit boards, working well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCB LUCAS_2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	6214

Modified the layout and only doing isolation engraving.
    I like the red component drawers, just bought two of the larger sizes in an attempt to tidy the shop up. I'm over in long Eaton if anyone fancies a natter at any time.
    John S -

Hi Rob,

I'm a non-retiered computer programmer from just over the Leicester border from you. I'm trying to get a good Z-axis solution to my '70s NC drill/mill and would welcome an opportunity to talk with someone local about CNC stuff.

Cheers,

Andy.

Thread Information