Put it all back together with clean relays, fixed the broken solenoid connection, checked LED b20 now lit when I closed the guard and it all looked hopeful.

I switched on the motor, pressed "Close mould" and the platen zoomed forwards, I pressed "Open mould" and it zoomed back, I pressed "Advance ejectors" and heard the ram go, couldn't see it because the guards were shut. Didn't dare press anything else because the screw was cold and I haven't checked the interlocks that would prevent me testing the screw shear pin for functionality at the same time.

Jubilation, shouts of "Yeehar etc.

Next I need to put together the water cooling, check for leaks and descale the pipework. The cooling does the oil, the mould and puts a thermal break in the screw which is in hot plastic at one end and connected to a hydralic motor at t'other. Don't want to cook the seals.

For cooling I have a 1/4 hp suds pump, the cheapest new car radiator I could find on e-bay, 10 yards of 3/4" hose, a nice quiet fan and lots of sulphamic acid for the descaling.