Well, after spending the better part of today, and trying a host of other possibilities quoted from the Arburg service technician (who, by the way was very helpful), I found that the issue with the valve was not mechanical, electrical, or hydraulic...it was my failing vision.
When the machine arrived the control cabinet had been dismantled and instead of unplugging the individual connectors from the valve grouping in the rear, all of the wires were disconnected inside the cabinet - (not sure why they chose this method as it is far more time consuming and leaves far more chance for error on the next assembly). In any event, I was the reason there was no voltage going to that particular side of the valve - I placed wire 27 where 37 needed to be. The printing on the wires was worn and very difficult to see. The wires are all in their correct positions and success. Thanks again for your replies and advice - it really did help me get on the right path. I'll post some pictures and/or video once I learn how...
Thank you.