. .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Im at work now so ill send when i get in. Its series 6 heavy extrusion.

Cheers pal! is that from KJN?

I got it from a bloke called Phil at Metallin. Nice guy and you can order small quantities and pay with PayPal.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jonbabbz For This Useful Post:

5. Quote Originally Posted by jonbabbz View Post
    I got it from a bloke called Phil at Metallin. Nice guy and you can order small quantities and pay with PayPal.
    Had a look at their website. As far as I can see there's no catalogue with mechanical data in it so hard to compare their extrusions with KJNs, also not entirely sure how their fastening works, seems you have to do some drilling? or did you use the corner fastenings with covers, and are they rigid enough (e.g. non-swivel as KJN make a distinction here)?

Irving if you give me your email I will forward an email from him as I asked him the same question

Jon did you manage to send those files? Just checking incase my mail is not working. Cheers buddy

8. Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Irving if you give me your email I will forward an email from him as I asked him the same question

Thanks for the PM... seems the answer is 'no more than whats on the website'. The profile is similar enough I think to the KJN one to use the I values from there, and the E, well I'll assume 6000 series Alloy; should be good enough. Still not clear how the corner fastenings work though.

Sorry mate, I got tied up last night so ill send it now. All the technical data you can find on the valuframe website, I just ordered from metallin because the order process for valuframe was so damn complicated, lengthy and theres a £100 minimum spend AND they need a business address to ship to....phew!. It's exactly the same stuff though. I did have to do some drilling, I mainly used the standard connectors(m6) and am going to fabricate a few straight brackets. Basically you have to tap the ends of the profile, then slide in the slot connector and drill a 6mm hole through the other side of the connecting profile to tighten it.

Well, its been a while, but after having so little time to work on my build , I've finally made a bit more progress. I wasn't happy with the height of the bed in the last design. So, i decided to cut it up and make it taller with a bolt together solution so i can get it through doorways. It just seemed like i would be forever on my knees with the other one so here is the new one. Still a fair bit of welding to do but i am at the mercy of the weather atm. Gotta love this country!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jonbabbz For This Useful Post:

Hi jon

This is a very good job ! I'd like to maje the same thing of you with your rail supporting on aluminium profil for the y ganty !

But i dont understand how you done the job ... Is it pssible to have more pic or explanation on how you have mount the sbr16uu under the aluminium profile ? What kind of fatener do you used for this ? Because it seems very difficult to Screw the sbr16 on the aluminium profile for me... How could you get acces to the head of the screw ? ??

Thanks you very much for your help

Regards

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information