. .

View Poll Results: Do you like reciving the Newsletter?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 38.46%
  • No

16 61.54%
    Hi community , below is a snipet of an email i sent to the other staff here at mycncuk regarding our community newsletter.

Sorry but i should/would have liked to have made this information available to you sooner. I've made this a poll as well so i can get an idea of how many of you like getting updates in this way, so if you would, please vote!

- QUOTE:

Forgot to mention,

The user is able to unsubscribe from the newsletter and also now has two additional settings available to them in their User CP.

I have setup the newsletter to also include users who have opted out of “Receiving Email From The Admin”, a newsletter isn’t an email from the admin in my opinion and they now have a direct selection option for opting out of the newsletter and if or not they would like to receive the newsletter as html or plain text.

Name:  email_op.png
Views: 502
Size:  32.2 KB

.Me
    - ENDQUOTE

So as you can see you now have the options available to you, if you would like to leave me any feedback regarding the weekly newsletter i would love to here it. i hope everyone is well and look forward to a sunny weekend (sent from wigan, the land of daily rain) !

.Me

I think it would be wise to automatically unsubscribe very active members, as surely they don't need a newsletter?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think it would be wise to automatically unsubscribe very active members, as surely they don't need a newsletter?
    Yes please I voted NO.!! . . . Didn't see I could unsubscribe or would have done before deleting. Please send me another so I can or unsub me. . cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Please send me another so I can or unsub me. . cheers.
    I can't unsub you, but this link should get you there. If not you can do it by going to 'Settings' (top right), then 'general settings' (menu on the left), then you'll find the bit in Lee's screenshot.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Did you manage to sort it Jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Did you manage to sort it Jazz?
    Yes thanks.

Bump

..and

Do your email notifications get delayed when the newsletter goes out? Mine seem to get a delay of anything up to 8 hours! just me or anyone else seeing this?

Yes I've been getting delayed messages and same if not longer time lengths.

Merry Christmas Dean,

Yea when the newletter gets "sent" it go's to the mail que, the emails then get sent out in batch's, so if other emails the site sends also goto the mail que over this time they would also be sent as and when the batch's go out. The newsletter is sent to around 1500 members at the mo, this takes around 3 or so hours to complete so is the reason behind any "instant" emails you would be expecting to be delayed.

At the momment its the only choice for sending a newsletter out, when other things are done a better solution will be implemented, for now though Saturday and Sunday are the quietest days of the week, Saturday @ 10am being the time i normally send the newsletter out.

Max i would have thought you should already know this from the discussions in the staff area...

.Me
    .Me

Thread Information