Hi,

I have just replaced the motherboard memory and processor on my milling computer. The old one was a Duron 1300 with 256Mb memory. It ran OK, but had the habit of freezing at the worst moment (half way through a milling run). I run Mach3.

The new Mobo has a faster (non clockwork) processor and 512Mb memory. Not state of the art, but good enough to do the job, and hopefuly more reliable. I am using the same parallel port card, a NetMos 9815.

Ihave re-installed Windows XP (repair) put in all the drivers and SP2 & SP3. Reinstalled Mach3 and checked all the ports and pins settings and I am using my normal xml file that was OK before.

Now the problem.......

Everything looks fine, all the drivers are there, but the X,Y and Z axes (axises ?) run very slowly and jerkily (judder) when I try to jog them. I have tried all different settings for kernel speed and pulse width, but nowt does owt better.

I need help as to what might be wrong. I am now messing about with motor tuning and I can get slower and smoother, but nowhere near as good as with the original computer.

Ideas and Help VERY welcome.

Cheers,

Rob