. .

Thread: New Mobo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Never bought anything with an AMD processor... always stuck with Intel... especially when its mission critical... last thing I bought (fortunately not with my own money lol) was a pair of 4-CPU 10core blades (40 cores in all) for a big database... read some disturbing reports of issues with the 12core Opteron CPUs so stuck with the Intel 10core ones...
    That's what I could do with for rendering! Stuck with 8 cores at 4Ghz and its sloooowww.

Bet its the price of a new car though so maybe not.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    That's what I could do with for rendering! Stuck with 8 cores at 4Ghz and its sloooowww.

Bet its the price of a new car though so maybe not.
    Ummm arguably a tad more... configured blades with 4 x 10core, 2.26GHz CPU, 512Gb of RAM, 2 x 10Gb network, 2 x 8Gb FibreChannel SAN connect, 4Gb SDHC boot card = £12,000 each approx :) Then theres the £55k worth of database software and the £70k of 24Tb of RAID6 SAN disc array on top :) but it goes like the proverbial muck off a shovel :)

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Ummm arguably a tad more... configured blades with 4 x 10core, 2.26GHz CPU, 512Gb of RAM, 2 x 10Gb network, 2 x 8Gb FibreChannel SAN connect, 4Gb SDHC boot card = £12,000 each approx :) Then theres the £55k worth of database software and the £70k of 24Tb of RAID6 SAN disc array on top :) but it goes like the proverbial muck off a shovel :)
    Any good for Tetris?

Quote Originally Posted by boldford View Post
    Any good for Tetris?
    Would be for this guy:

Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Thread Information