. .

Thread: New Mobo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    You say you have 512 of ram?
    Didn't see this bit.!! . . . . This will be big problem.! I had a machine other week doing silly things and turned out to be low memory on PC.!!

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Done all that, completely reinstalled Mach3, used Driver Test.exe, got Goldilocks results, too slow, too fast, and just right. Smooths out as the motor velocity setting is lowered, but too slow to use, and still sounds poorly.
    When you re-installed Mach did you use your existing XML or make a complete new setup.?

Clusting straws a little but if you used existing XML it could be corrupted so for sake of 10mins it may be worth re-entering the settings into a new profile just for elimination purposes.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Didn't see this bit.!! . . . . This will be big problem.! I had a machine other week doing silly things and turned out to be low memory on PC.!!
    The previous computer I used for CNC had 512Mb and it was poor. The one I currently use has 1Gb, not much by today's standards but still works fine... that is until I switched it on 5 minutes ago and got this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapshot_20120713_1.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	6344

Sigh...
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    that is until I switched it on 5 minutes ago and got this:

Sigh...
    Bet it's Damp in Monitor.!! . . I've had it in the past. Take in house and leave next to Rad for a few hours.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Bet it's Damp in Monitor.!!
    Lucky you didn't bet - workshop has dehumidifier!
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Hi,
    Did all that and it went smooth for about 10seconds. The board is a Gigabyte GA-7VM266 and the processor is an Athlon 1.8Gig. Compared with the 1.3 Duron that it was on before. That was fine for a couple of months then it started hanging even in loading XP.

It got gradually worse and then became too unreliable to use.

I have disabled anything in the Bios I don't need. LAN, Sound,Games port and MIDI port. The BoB runs on a PCI card with 2 printer ports. All the Board drivers have been (correctly?) installed and there are no yellow question marks in the device manager.

When I switch on and go into Mach3 all is fine for a short time, then it starts to judder. Could the problem be in the BoB even ? I can't believe that all three stepper drivers have gone faulty at the same time.

I think I am going to leave this now till Sunday and then I might do a clean install of Windows and reload the software.

I am just getting a bit boggled with this.

Could be a subliminal message in an autostereogram

It sounds like you have done that already and it is still not working though? One thing you could try is to move the address the Par ports are on to different address, don't forget to let mach3 know what they are. Also try moving the card to another slot n the MB?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I've done all that. I think the only way forward is a clean install on a fresh disk. The thing that is really bugging me is that it works fine for half a minute after reboot then starts the judders. It sounds like a bearing has gone.
    I have tried disabling every thing I don't need like ctmon.exe and crss.exe, but nothing makes it any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The previous computer I used for CNC had 512Mb and it was poor. The one I currently use has 1Gb, not much by today's standards but still works fine... that is until I switched it on 5 minutes ago and got this:

Sigh...
    iv had a few of those... on really hot days my (cnc) atom motherboard goes a bit lala and looks like that (have to switch off and let it cool.. needs a couple more fans under there)

if you have a NVIDIA graphics card its likley you need to bake it (re-flow)

gas mark 6 for ten minutes if i remember correctly... i use a small pen type blow torch on mine with a thermocouple sat on the chip (i isolate the chip with foil tape)
    saves having to strip all the plastics off for the oven
    i can get my card out, re-flow it and back in in half an hour now (im on my third time in a couple of years)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information