. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey guys, can anyone give me a step by step or some information on controlling my spindle from the uniport v2?

I'm looking at having mach3 switch the spindle on when I press start.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Bump

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Bump

Anyone?
    What spindle is it.?

The uniport can only turn the spindle power on/off by using the on board relay it can't control the speed. You need a spindle speed board to do this and even then it can only be used if the spindle has variable speed controller that can accept analog 0-10V to control speed. Vfd's have this option thats why I asked what spindle.

Thanks for the reply Jazz. It's the chinese spindle with the VFD, sorry I can't remember the brand but begins with an H lol (truth is I dunno how to spell it haha)

Thanks for the reply Jazz. It's the chinese spindle with the VFD, sorry I can't remember the brand but begins with an H lol (truth is I dunno how to spell it haha)
    Ok I know the one. Lol . . . In this case then you'll need the spindle V4 board or something similiar that outputs 0-10V signal that the VFD can read. Get the board then come back and we'll see about getting it setup for you.

Sorry forgot to mention I'm not fussed about the speed control through Mach 3 just yet.
    All I want is for the spindle to switch on when I press "start"

Sorry forgot to mention I'm not fussed about the speed control through Mach 3 just yet.
    All I want is for the spindle to switch on when I press "start"
    Ok let me give me a bit of time to look at the VFD inputs and I'll see what can be done.? It may not be tonight thou.!

Jonathan may know he's got one of these VFD's Huanyangsangyungtwang things so with a bit of luck he'll show up.?

Haha yeah that's the one ;-) so I defiantly need a spindle board? I thought I may of been able to switch on via the uni as the instructions on the manual of the uniport don't mention the spindle board just the pic Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343161634.480474.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	6408

9. Might work... but the inrush current of the VFD might be too much for the relay on the board... its could be marginal I reckon with a 2.2kW spindle. Also it is very bad practice to start the motor by switching on the VFD! You could probably, and more safely, use the relay to control the 'soft start' input on the VFD (might be labelled 'RUN' input). Then you will have to turn the VFD on and set the speed before pressing Start on the PC...

Had a word with a mate and between us think we have sussed it but give me 30mins to explain or write how to do it. It's easy thou I think.? but without vfd you'll have to do the testing.!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information