. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Sounds like there is a delay in the VFD between receiving the start command and spinning up the spindle.. normally with Mach you'd feed spindle speed back in from a sensor so it knows when spindle is running... I dont know if there's a delay setting in Mach that would allow the spindle time to get up to speed before starting the cut. As to the delay on stop..well its not going to stop quickly anyway (inertia + plus I guess no braking resistor) and the run/stop command to the VFD will initiate a slow ramp down. there'll be settings on the VFD as to how fast to ramp down (as well as up btw).

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    Hey Jazz, your "tutorial" worked perfectly!! Thanks a lot!!

However I have a couple questions.

The spindle is in the bed before it starts to spin. In other words it's the machine is doing the cycle and then the spindle comes to life - is the some sort of delay I could toggle with?

Emergency stop - when I hit the E/Stop the machine stops and there is also a delay on the spindle shutting Down, but perfect when I hit stop in Mach3. Any ideas?
    Sounds like It will be the relay delay spinup/down settings inside Mach. Go to Ports & pins spindle setup and under the general parameters set the CW delay spinup = 0 or a low number like 1 same for CW spin down.

If that doesn't work then it's in the VFD settings but I'd ahve to go have a look at the manuel to find it.

Awesome guys thanks!

Emergency stop - when I hit the E/Stop the machine stops and there is also a delay on the spindle shutting Down, but perfect when I hit stop in Mach3. Any ideas?
    This could be that you haven't got the charge pump setup on BOB or should say override, so when Mach E-stops and drops the charge pump signal it doesn't see it and keeps going for a while.? . . . Not sure on this thou.!!

Edit: On reflection scrap that idea it wouldn't do that.!!

Awesome guys thanks!
    Was it the CW delay.?

I ain't tried it yet just saying thanks in advance...... But now you got me thinking of it I need to go down and try it but wife ain't gona be happy #singleman = more money to spend on machine! haha

wife ain't gona be happy #singleman = more money to spend on machine! haha
    It's no co-incedence I have an EX wife and girl friend who DOESN'T live with me. .

Let us know if it works.?

Lol. Nah that CW spin up did big do te trick. Just looking in the VFD now.....

Can't seem to find it in the manual either

Ok brain fart.!! . . just realised you actually do want a delay in the General parameters.? What it does is delay the movement commands giving the spindle time to spin up.!

So set it to 4 or 5 seconds and it should do the trick.?

Edit: Also are you sure the codes OK.? if there's Z movement commands before M3 then it won't start until Z command finish's so it will be hitting work.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 25-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information