. .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I think they are in because they earn money ?
    They don't - the eBay listings are just an automated search, so the site does not earn from them.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    They don't - the eBay listings are just an automated search, so the site does not earn from them.
    If thats so why make it hard for us?

Phill

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Hour Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com/
    What was that about not earning money?

you know there must be a catch though jonathan or lee would have taken them down when the general feelings where expressed
    (i can see lots of ways this can be abused to suit the few at the expense of the many)

at what point does the forum become useless as the adverts force mainstream users away ?
    its getting close for me, the forum is still usable but i feel used and abused when i do so... im torn on the principle of it
    its the general users that draw the traffic
    i feel treated like a commodity and then im asked to be thankfull :(
    not happy

What was that about not earning money?
    now i see, it was pretty obvious there was somthing.
    Lee, you said "iv given with three hands and only taken with one"
    you will have to forgive me for not quite agreeing with you there

I should have said 'as far as I know Lee doesn't earn anything from the eBay adverts.'
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

I should have said 'as far as I know Lee doesn't earn anything from the eBay adverts.'
    No you should have kept for your mouth shut untill you knew for sure.!! . . . But to be honest can't believe you where so nieve to think he didn't it was obvious from his previous comments.!!

Personally I haven't got a problem with Lee making money from the site, good luck to him.!. . But it is starting to get ridiculous the amount and piss's me off that they are taking over the recent activity section.!!

Eventually people get to the point they start clicking else where.!! . . . . It's just a matter of where folks point lies.?? . . . Must admit this last couple of weeks I've found my self back over on the Cnczone more than I have in previous months.!!

I've found my self back over on the Cnczone more than I have in previous months.!!
    iv not joined yet, how does it compare jazz?

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    iv not joined yet, how does it compare jazz?
    It doesn't compare really mark it's huge with some much info it can/does become overwelming esp to new folks. Thats why they come over here and find it easier and more pleasant, even when numb nuts and I are butting heads. There's so meny different types of people each with there own view point that head butting is the norm.!!
    Get past that and the bullshit and it's a wealth of information and you can bet your last quid it's been done or asked.?

Problem had with the zone was it was divided into so many sub categories, that`s relatively not so much an issue now....

Lee has gone on about users not using the site properly, having had to deal with architects a lot , they have the same problem, people aren`t lab rats and dont behave as expected or take to conditioning particularly well, have to modify to suit how people actually react, not how would wish them to.

Appreciate hosting isn`t free and something has to pay the bills, but there are other ways of introducing ad`s and affiliate schemes that are not so intrusive.

As long as their presence is for income generating activity is clear to everyone.

At moment ,the ebay ad`s are very intrusive and shuffle recent activity off the ticker, personally don`t bother logging in unless there is a thread might want to post into, otherwise just read through from latest posts, no need to log in.

Now the latest post ticker is pretty much unuseable, have to remember myself threads that might be of interest and check for updates, through a mass of sub categories, perhaps a UK outpost on the zone would be more useable.

Cheers
    Adam

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information