. .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    [QUOTE=JAZZCNC;32937]Thats why they come over here and find it easier and more pleasantQUOTE]

thats why its a dilema, i like this clan here, this is where i got my help and iv done my share of trying to pay that back here (and i like metric)
    each time i log on now the ebay adds are a constant reminder that to one member something Supersedes the community wellfare
    this is nothing like the forum i joined a couple of years ago

it may make me sound like a dick but i cant shake it, lots of us have invested energy into this forum, its being squandered

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    it may make me sound like a dick but i cant shake it, lots of us have invested energy into this forum, its being squandered
    Nope not dick headish to me mark 100% know were your coming from.!

I do not usually get involved with these sort of posts but I have to say that the prevalence of ebay ads is getting frustrating.
    I have noticed though that over 30 people have looked on the ads. There is obviously a desire for them for some but if they could be in a seperate area.
    Leave the ticker box for what most of us are here for and I am sure we would be happy.
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Why not leave the ads on Ebay where they belong.
    Long Short is you are either hosting a forum or running a scam to make money - simples

This forum is ??? years old and hasn't had them before, now in the classified ads there is only 1 advert in 10 that's relevant to MEMBERS of this forum.
    If Lee hadn't extended the latest posts forum on todays showing it would have been unusable.

The zone is fine, loads of information but best way to use the zone is not to read it but search it as everything is splattered all over.
    John S -

The zone is fine, loads of information but best way to use the zone is not to read it but search it as everything is splattered all over.
    There's so meny different types of people each with there own view point that head butting is the norm.!!
    Get past that and the bullshit and it's a wealth of information and you can bet your last quid it's been done or asked.?
    in other words, not quite as good as we used to be
    maybe lee can be persuaded to calm down a bit... im kind of losing faith
    lee has said somewhere that he likes to keep things transparent however, in the last discusion on this subject he gave the impression that his motive where he though it would be a "cool idea" to have the ebay adds
    no mention at all about turning it into cash, not very transparent at all
    i would have had more respect lee if you had said " sorry lads im skint and about to start pissing everyone off for cash" (thats transparent)
    i dont much like crossing people or holding people to account, it aint fun at all but if i dont say my peice iv no right to go on bitching about it
    im sure you would have prefered a PM lee but its only on an open forum that we get a feel of the community feeling on the matter
    please reconsider

as a new user to this site i've already learnt more information here than my previous weeks viewing over at cnczone... while theres not many of you here at the moment and i can understand why due to the ebay add's i beg you not to leave :D i still need loads of help haha.

just out of interest the bot thats posting the links is just a user isnt it? can we personally not block all posts from that user?

EDIT: nevermind you can ignore them and not see any posts in a thread by them, but can still see thread titles

Blimey if you don't like adverts then this site is blooming fantastic compared to CNCZone
    Unless you pay for gold membership, that is, when he will kindly allow you to turn them off

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Blimey if you don't like adverts then this site is blooming fantastic compared to CNCZone
    Yes and no robin.?? The zone puts them were they belong which is at the top or bottom of the page or in the sides lines not pushing good threads off what is a very good feature.

My grievence and I think most others is not the adverts but the fact they are spoiling our viewing experience making it harder than it needs or used to be.!!

Surely it can't be hard to get them off the Recent activity list and into there own list.?? . . After all they are not forum activity but Bots (Albeit Management cash cows) spamming our user experience.!

i have a theory why them ads have so many views, up on the top bar there is a number that tells you how many new posts/threads there are i personally just click on then off the ebay ads to clear that number down

EDIT.. btw you can acctually change that box full of ebay stuff to display some other random usefull facts such as most viewed thread or something..

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I run several websites, and the sole reason you do what's been done here with ebay linking, is for monetary reasons.
    If there wasn't a way to make money from it, as a website designer/programmer, you simply wouldn't normally bother.

And as wilfy has mentioned, the main reason alot of the ebay threads have view counts, is people clicking on them simply to clear them of their unread posts. The way around that is to select the ebay forum, then select "Mark this forum read" from the "Forum Tools" menu. All unread ebay posts disappear from your unread/new posts list.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information