. .
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Right chaps, just to keep this thread informed and for the avoidance of doubt, the ebay feed is NOT implemented as a source of cash from ebay.

>EDIT; deleted "revenue stream" wrong words<

and I am opening my mouth when I'm sure, I'm not guessing -[ edit; because I asked Lee that direct question].

(please post any appropriate apologies, retractions, penances or cilice to this thread). :-)

My 2p worth? I'd like to see "guest" users have to register before they can read the content - as some other sites do. But that's a different can of worms!

PS
    If you find the forum a useful resource there's always the small button at the top of the page called "Donate" that you can use too. :-)
    Last edited by mocha; 22-07-2012 at 02:05 AM. Reason: trying to dig myself out of the hole I dug by using the wrong words! :-)

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Right chaps, just to keep this thread informed and for the avoidance of doubt, the ebay feed is NOT a revenue stream and I am opening my mouth when I'm sure, I'm not guessing.
    So why do all the ebay links go via Skimlinks?
    Now in Skimlinks own words
    Skimlinks gives you countless ways to seamlessly and automatically earn.
    (oh you gotta love vB for it's formatted pasting!)

Now what was that about it not being a revenue stream?

who cares they got rid of it now... lets get back to helping us noobies out :D

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    Get what you mean Wilfy.!. . BUT I care and so do some other good folks on here.!! . . . This site has become what it has off the back of people who have been good enough to take time out of there day/night to bring this site to a level by helping "us noobies" that it's possible to make money off it's advertising.

If Lee is making money off the site thats great for him and if he's doing that partly "OFF MY BACK" then I'm happy to allow that SO LONG that it doesn't impact on my Forum experience or clash with any of my principles or values.!! . . . . IT WAS .. spoiling my forum experience and NOW with this its upset my principles (if thats the right word.?)

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    Right chaps, just to keep this thread informed and for the avoidance of doubt, the ebay feed is NOT implemented as a source of cash from ebay.

>EDIT; deleted "revenue stream" wrong words<

and I am opening my mouth when I'm sure, I'm not guessing -[ edit; because I asked Lee that direct question].

(please post any appropriate apologies, retractions, penances or cilice to this thread). :-)
    Now while I don't mind money being made I certainly don't like being treat like I'm stupid.! So playing with words to avoid telling the full truth tickles my buttons but when it comes in the form of a slightly condesending message from moderator it pushs the buttons fully. .

I for one don't believe for one minute there's NO finacial insentive for these Ebay Ads and Lee's own words in a previous thread "To fund this I’m going to reinvest the revenue generated by the site from advertising and so on," contridicts these words "the ebay feed is NOT implemented as a source of cash from ebay. "
    So playing with words instead of saying " The ebay feed earns NO source of cash from any means" would have been a better reply.

LEE obviously knows about this thread so out RESPECT to it's main contributors, who are the one's complaining.!! He should have responded well before now saying just this.!! THEN and only then would it be acceptable for these words " (please post any appropriate apologies, retractions, penances or cilice to this thread)"

From my own perspective then my post's have been less frequent recently due to personal/work stuff but I feel they will be getting even less frequent with this lack of consideration or respect.!!

Right chaps, just to keep this thread informed and for the avoidance of doubt, the ebay feed is NOT implemented as a source of cash from ebay
    OK?

i guess that makes it true

my sincerest apologies go to anyone i have wronged

My 2p worth? I'd like to see "guest" users have to register before they can read the content - as some other sites do. But that's a different can of worms!
    i disagree, the info/write ups i do are for who ever cares to look, no catch.... i personaly bin any forum that is on the take before iv even seen any content (2p worth)....EDIT: i can see the frustration though 200 regular member users and a couple of thousand non member readers (if i remember correctly)

PS
    If you find the forum a useful resource there's always the small button at the top of the page called "Donate" that you can use too. :-)
    i have no problem with the donate idea :) dont forget to ask yourself "why" or what is it that is "useful" and where that "usefulness" comes from

ill buy that :)
    Last edited by blackburn mark; 22-07-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    If Lee is making money off the site thats great for him and if he's doing that partly "OFF MY BACK" then I'm happy to allow that SO LONG that it doesn't impact on my Forum experience or clash with any of my principles or values.!! . . . . IT WAS .. spoiling my forum experience and NOW with this its upset my principles (if thats the right word.?)
    I love it when Jazz erupts, quality ranting

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I love it when Jazz erupts, quality ranting
    jesus robin!!! dont encourage him

my point was not just who cares, but who cares anymore, your points have obviously been noticed as it's now been sorted out :D chillout man

p.s. i do understand the upset, and without regular replies to posts it would seem like this site is primarily about advertising, i do understand that some of the money will go towards to upkeep of the site, i'm not sure however how much of it then turns to profit, last time i looked at things such as google adwords they didnt generate an awful lot of income

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    jesus robin!!! dont encourage him
    Eh eh classic.!! . . no worries mark I've took the pills.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    my point was not just who cares, but who cares anymore, your points have obviously been noticed as it's now been sorted out :D chillout man
    Again no worries wilfy the pills are taken.!! . . Also In no way was I having a go at you hope you didn't think I was.?
    It's not about money to me and I'm sure Lee only makes beer tokens to cover a pint or two at best.? It's the lack of reply and respect for peoples intelligence of the people who make the site what it is that push's (pushed) my buttons.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Eh eh classic.!! . . no worries mark I've took the pills.

Again no worries wilfy the pills are taken.!! . . Also In no way was I having a go at you hope you didn't think I was.?
    It's not about money to me and I'm sure Lee only makes beer tokens to cover a pint or two at best.? It's the lack of reply and respect for peoples intelligence of the people who make the site what it is that push's (pushed) my buttons.!!

yeah that i can understand dude no problem

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information