. .
    Hi
    After having fustratingly tring to get my cnc machine to function over the last couple of years I've decieded to look into gutting the machine and replacing all the electronics except the spindle and motors. The router is a high spec industrial machine with a 900 x 800 cutting deck.
    The motors are HY2000 3437 with encoder heads(RM21D-1000) on the X Y axis and a PH 268E2.3B with encoder head (5540-A06) on the Z. How do I match drivers ,power supplies etc to these motors.
    Does anyone know where I can get hold of a simple to follow diagram showing the parts requiried and how to join up all the componets as I'm completely green to the subject.
    Does anyone have any idea what sort ot cost would be involved using good quality components

Thanks,
    Paul

Hi
    Do you know what drivers you have in the machine at the moment?

If the drivers are ok and will take step and direction signals it might just be a case of a new breakout board a bit of re wiring and using Mach or Linux to do the control.

andy

Hi Andy,
    All the electrics seem to be integrated. The drivers are on one board that plugs into another board. When you power up the machine it should zero itself. It did this a few times and then stopped and now when I fire it up it does nothing. I've had the machine a couple of years now and managed to nothing with it except get frustrated and spend lots of money getting electricians to look at it.
    I thought if redoing the electics wasn't prohibitively exspensive, it would be my best option, at least I would have a better undestanding of how everything works and I could at least get it to run on mach3. But I'm floundering in the dark a bit as to what I would need to get as in drivers , power supplies etc.
    Thanks,
    Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by audioandy View Post
    Hi
    Do you know what drivers you have in the machine at the moment?

If the drivers are ok and will take step and direction signals it might just be a case of a new breakout board a bit of re wiring and using Mach or Linux to do the control.

andy

Hi Paul

Did you get my PM?
    I seem to have two different links to this thread !

Andy

Thread Information