Hi all
thought i would give a quick intro
for the last few weeks i have looked round various sites with a view to acquiring a cnc machine. i have no knowledge other than what i have gained over the last couple of weeks therefore i have much to learn. i started off by looking at evil bay and the imported versions and while looking into their reliability i was lead to this fine forum
the cnc machine will be used to make relevantly small plastic parts but i have read some comments to say its not good to cnc plastic ? i was thinking of a machine with a cutting area of about A3 size with a cutting depth of 2 1/2 to 3 inch if possible. i have no knowledge of the electrical side of things but have manufactured various things over the years in wood, metal and acrylic so building the main frame shouldn't be to much of an issue. couple this to some of the comments i have read about being able to build your own 'superior' machine for the same money as the imported ones is the reason i have decided to take this route. so i will carry on reading the forum for now but be prepared for lots of 'how do i' questions