. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey guys, im trying to cut this part on the plasma but its telling me that its not the correct file and then something about start points....

Im new to the CAD so im trying to put asside some time to figure this out.

Can one of you good guys take a look at the file and give me some information as to where im going wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

What control software.? . . . Are you trying to use the control software to turn it to G-code.?

Its Techserve software. When ive drawin a DXF all i do is load it in and it converts everything itself (not how i would prefer but thats how it is) other files work but just not mine lol so it my fault in CAD somewhere

Did you try the file I posted on your other thread?

I have not had time yet buddy I'm away from the machine. I will do it in morn as I don't have any of that software at home.

Other thread.... Sorry for creating two threads guys phone rang and I must of created another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by D-man View Post
    I have not had time yet buddy I'm away from the machine. I will do it in morn as I don't have any of that software at home.
    Try this one:

sides2.dxf

The CAD program I normally use gave a similar error, so I just opened it in the free version of Cambam and exported it as DXF.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Cheers will do in the morning.

Blimey, it has some whacky Bezier style curves in it with drag points as per Corel Draw, I can understand why you are having problems.

AutoCAD can read it and edit it, but without proper arcs it can't explode it. Chances of LesserCAD reading it somewhere between Zilch and bugger all.

Here's a version that should work, I traced over your pic...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Robin Hewitt; 26-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Blimey, it has some whacky Bezier style curves in it with drag points as per Corel Draw, I can understand why you are having problems.

AutoCAD can read it and edit it, but without proper arcs it can't explode it. Chances of LesserCAD reading it somewhere between Zilch and bugger all.

Here's a version that should work, I traced over your pic...
    Robin that file worked!

Rob you guessed it. It was created in coreldraw x5 but I assumed that with Corel exporting dxf it would be ok. However I was wrong. So what I done is imported it into autocad and draw over the top to copy it lol and it still didn't work

Thread Information