. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Awesome machine.

Takes A3 sized material.

Been playing around with odd bits, got it to engrave on stainless but needs some more experimenting. Gone a load of key fobs that were needed,more to try it out than do key fobs.

First paying job was yesterday.

These are 35 mm diameter and you cannot buy them. It's part of a vacuum valve that when it goes wrong you junk it and buy new but all that happens is crap get on the brass seating inside and just wants cleaning off. Only problem is the gasket splits when you strip it and it's next to impossible to make a new one. that small hole in the leg is 0.5mm.

Heres a crap vid of it cutting, about 12 seconds actual cut time.

This is one of it's next jobs.

John S -

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    looks nice, my mate has one and has had a load of trouble with it. His one is blue though so that could be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    looks nice, my mate has one and has had a load of trouble with it. His one is blue though so that could be the problem.
    Nah the red ones give far more trouble I've heard . . I'll take it off his hands for 3 pack Hobnobs. .

What colour do I need to paint it to be reliable ?
    John S -

I,ll up the anti to a pack of hobnobs and a bottle of beer. Best of luck with the laser.

6. Hell for that I would give him a hole box of hobnobs (12 packets from memory).
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Professor View Post
    Hell for that I would give him a hole box of hobnobs (12 packets from memory).
    Thats a much fairer offer... after all it has some nice steppers and the price of iron is up a little at the scrappy
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    I,ll up the anti to a pack of hobnobs and a bottle of beer. Best of luck with the laser.
    Well I'll stand being ripped off and push it to pack Hobnobs, 4 pack amber necter and lion bar.? . . Can't say fairer than that.!! . . . . But I want it painting Bright pink because I'm going to sell it to Jonathan for an obscene profit. .

Piss off you heretics. You are only trying to wind me up.
    John S -

What power laser is it John.? What's it's max cutting capability material wise.?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information