Hi All,

I apologise if my thanks to Wilfy caused any offence, it was not my intention and this is one of the traps I was hoping to avoid falling into.

I have never liked text conversations, they are so easily misconstrued unless your writing is 100% all of the time. This fact has stopped me from posting forums intil now, where my need for advice outweighed my reluctance to join in.

I have not once doubted anyones ability or good intentions and unless I have inadvertantly missed someone, thanked you all for your input as it has been given.

As my Mental Health stands focusing on this project is a challenge in itself, putting my ideas forward for assement was a massive step for me. Severe depression stinks, please trust me when I say I am battling my irrational needs for avoiding people and my rational needs for moving this project forward. If I am overly defensive it is a function of where my head is at!

I hope it is clear from my background, I am (just about) capable of realising this machine is far from ideal and that I have chosen this path for very good reasons. As you know my 2nd post included mature design drawings for this machine. These are a result of many many hours research, hard work, careful thought and very seriously considered compromises in performance vs cost.

Can we please leave it as a "given" I accept that "more money = a better finished product" and keep the advice to that which will allow me to make this project come to fruition.

Sorry Jazz, but I am not "Blinded by my desire to build cheap". The budget is a cold hard reality.

With regard to the build log link Wilfy sent us. I was thinking that maybe I was going to be forced to abandon starting with a router by seeing something exciting like a video of one exploding, or maybe something slightly less dramatic but equally final!

Given the guys facilities and his obvious abilities and ambitions, I do not understand him starting with a Hose pipe & Jubilee Clip build at all! It came as no surprise to see him making upgrades with the finished tool and while I did not keep an eye on the time frame of this post, very soon afterwards abandoning the project. I can only assume he had a significant change in circumstance, as "one minute" he is explaining about his lack of funds and the next a big shipment of shiney things appear! The expense he has incurred from his router experience alone would pay a big chunk of my total budget!

Ok, Next post.... The Spindle

Cheers,
Geoff.