. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Does anybody have source for 2.5 or 3mm Brass sheet suitable for engraving.? Need piece 19" x 14".? ( Yes I know it's bloody fortune.!!)

If you can do with a bit less than 2.5mm then nick some of those brass door push plate things

Aluminium Warehouse used to sell brass, but I can't find it on the site now. Might be worth asking them anyway?
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

It's ages since I've used them but Metal Supermarket at Coventry may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    If you can do with a bit less than 2.5mm then nick some of those brass door push plate things

Aluminium Warehouse used to sell brass, but I can't find it on the site now. Might be worth asking them anyway?
    Nope 2.5mm is the lowest can go. Think I bought some the last brass AW had.?

Quote Originally Posted by boldford View Post
    It's ages since I've used them but Metal Supermarket at Coventry may be worth a try.
    Tried them far too expensive £45 more than been quoted.!! Can't believe the differences in prices I've had, up-to £60 difference for same grade. .

Tried ASC metals ?
    Mind you wherever you go it will be expensive. Last 1/2 sheet I bought, 4' x 4' cost £120 in 1/8" thick, hate to guess what it is now.
    John S -

Forgot to mention you could ask Metal Stockists: ASC Metals Lincoln Ltd. - Metal stockholders for East Midlands/North of England
    I ordered lots of aluminium from them recently, don't know what they're like with small orders?

Edit: Oh John S beat me to it there..
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

M-machine ...
    M-Machine Metals and Engineering
    theirs an online catalogue , but better asking or ring , they have far more than whats in the catalogue too , so just ask and they will get it if not in stock

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cncbasher For This Useful Post:

If you want nice engraving use compo brass, that's the stuff the clockmakers use to cut their tiny cogs and stuff out of, cuts like a dream compared to the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    If you want nice engraving use compo brass, that's the stuff the clockmakers use to cut their tiny cogs and stuff out of, cuts like a dream compared to the usual.
    Cheers Robin did know that and actually the cheapest price I've had so far is from a clock supplier.! £85 inc vat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information