Quote Originally Posted by Iwant1 View Post
Irving, its amazing how fast you work, from drawings to actually getting started. I suppose when there's something on your mind and you're thinking about it all day, things get done. Keeps the pics coming, its a very interesting thread.

I'm surprised your other half hasn't told you to keep digging and make a swimming pool instead, lol forget the shed and concentrate on relaxing.
Well I'm still not 100% sure how to do the next step. I understand the general principles but the detail still needs hammering out. But the winter approaches rapidly and so I thought I'd make a start on the hardest bit... before SWMBO realised exactly how big it was going to be :). I have to say I am quite proud of my hole.. but I need to get on and fill it. Problem is I can't be home to accept deliveries, I need to be at work (I sort of managed to scrounge some extra days last week by agreeing to be on call over Xmas, but I am now all out of holiday till next Jan) and most places don't deliver Saturdays. So I can work from home some days but the logistics are complex! And I really only have weekends to work - those that are not already allocated to family stuff. So next weekend I hope to finish the shuttering (didn't get any movement on this this weekend as I'd hoped) and, by then, have ordered the ballast, sand, DPM, reinforcing mesh and insulation. I don't have room in the garage to work on the shuttering, it has to be done outside on the patio :(

So the following weekend will be preperation work and hopefully I can get a concrete pour during the following week - 2 weeks out. Then I have to wait at least 14, pref 28, days before I can start on the walls, but that gives me time to order them and the roofing stuff. Once all thats in place I can work on the inside through November and do some evenings so it'll go faster. I'll leave the external cladding and tidying as long as possible... maybe into next spring lol.