. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I Must say thank you to all who are helping with this thread/problem as i wouldnt have a clue without you all.

Rick.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Rick,

My Lenze 534 has blown the same transformer...
    Did you replace wit the above recommendation and did it fix it?

Thanks
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
    Rick,

My Lenze 534 has blown the same transformer...
    Did you replace wit the above recommendation and did it fix it?

Thanks
    Simon
    We've not arrived at a decision yet as we are not sure what the correct secondry voltage should be, i was hoping someone would have a look at a working one but it appears nobody has voluteered yet.. LOL, I could be that nobody has one they can look at but i suspect the answer will come up soon.. I HOPE. Im really stuck as i cant use the machine without it...

Rick
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Ah... ok thanks... That is where I am at too...
    I've asked someone to measure their working one and will report back if I get anything.

Thanks
    Simon

Someone near me has just had the same problem!! I've just measured the voltage on my (working) unit and both secondaries are showing 15V RMS with the drive powered but the motor static.

Suggest checking the rectifiers as well as the suggestions above. it looks like a long term overload causing heating rather than a short term 'bang' scenario.

Good luck!!

David

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    OK, but still, are the secondaries series or parallel connected?

Other useful info I just found... the Lenze 530 series manual has this interesting pic:

Attachment 6605
    So we know it is an EI30 series and its 0.9VA...
    tho current EI30 are 0.6VA and 1VA, so I guess this might be a special. edit: or then again, maybe not; EI30-10.5 is 1VA or 0.9W for the 2x15 V: VB 1,0/2/15 from Farnell (alternate to Myrra)

Elsewhere in the manual it lists switching voltages for relay contacts as 20v so I'm going to hazard a guess this is a 15v secondary...

6. Ha... my "remote-voltage-sensing-fu" is working well :)

2x15 V: VB 1,0/2/15 from Farnell £2.07p+VAT but min order value £20

Same from RS £3.74+VAT, free p&p but out of stock till Oct.

Same from CPC £ 3.18 inc VAT + P&P and in stock. Note: this one has 2 x 115v primary so may need minor mod to pcb?

I replaced the transformer yesterday... The output now pulses from on to off when commanded to a speed. Something else must have gone on mine too.
    Time to replace with new...

Fingers crossed for me then LOL

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by SimonD View Post
    I replaced the transformer yesterday... The output now pulses from on to off when commanded to a speed. Something else must have gone on mine too.
    Time to replace with new...
    Are you any where near resolving your lenze problem?

10. New transformer has been fitted but not yet tested, and I also found that C6 (.47J100) {470nF 100V Polyester Capacitor} has also failed, so that will need to be replaced.

I also don't trust the looks of C5 (4.7uf 63v Electric Capacitor) so I am also going to replace that.
    Last edited by Mad Professor; 17-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    "If first you don't succeed, redefine success"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Professor For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information